Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been waiting for my shifter to get here for like what seemed forever (placed order on 4/27). MGW had to fabricate some parts (steel bushings) so I had to wait until they made more :so They finally shipped it out on the 13th and I got it today :woohoo: Can't wait to get it on my stang! I'll keep you guys posted and I'll document the whole process, install to finish :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
cool...cant wait to see ow it turns out. get some pics up asap. good luck!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Its going to be well worth the wait i hope! Cant wait to hear how everything turns out:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Cant wait to hear how everything turns out:bigthumbsup
And speaking of turns out, have you decided how many turns out you will start with? I set mine on 7 and haven't had the urge to change it. Installation is not very hard. Just follow the instructions and video and you'll have it done.

Frank

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And speaking of turns out, have you decided how many turns out you will start with? I set mine on 7 and haven't had the urge to change it. Installation is not very hard. Just follow the instructions and video and you'll have it done.

Frank
I was thinking 9 turns.

·
Registered
858 Posts
You gonna love it!!! i started out at 9 turns but its a bit to notchy for laid back driving, getting into first requires some serious authority but the throw is super short. Ive since moved down to 7, its easier to get into 1st now when taking it easy, i may even go down to 6 at some point.

S

·
0 Posts
Awesome. It will be worth the wait for you I'm sure. The adjustability and quality you get with MGW is awesome according to those that have one installed.:bigthumbsup

Nice segue by the way Frank...
:gringreen

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I was thinking 9 turns.
Remember that shift effort and notchiness increase as the throw shortens. I have driven with mine for two months and can see it being a shorter throw, but I don't want to give up the feel I have now.

Frank

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I've heard mixed reviews on the "notcheness" @ higher turns. I personnally havent driven a stang w/ the MGW shifter. But I've heard from a lot of people, that its all personal preference. Some have it @ 11 turns and swear by it... others on 6 and love the feel too. I figured 9 turns is a good starting point, then I can go from there. I cant wait to install it :gringreen

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice segue by the way Frank...
:gringreen
Hahaha! Thx. My goal is 360hp w/ cams & delete plates. I know I'm shooting pretty high but the shop I take my stang to said its very possible w/ the right cams. I'm thinking Comp Cams SPR stage 3. we'll just have to wait and see. First let me get this shifter on then go from there. Next mods will be 4.10s then cams & delete plates. This mod bug aint stopping anytime soon :hihi:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.