• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whos going for who and why?

im going for dallas, i think nowitzki is going to dominate. he wants that title and its now time to make up for what happened in the finals in 2006.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm going for the Mavs 1) because I want to be able to say that my team (the Lakers) lost to the champs and 2) I can not STAND Lebron James. I like Wade and the others...

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well game 1 is tonight. lets hope the mavs bring the energy and game they have been playing these playoffs with.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Dirk has separated himself from the pack but Miami has more weapons. Miami in 6.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Dirk my ass. miami in 5.

·
Registered
268 Posts
You two are 1 game closer to being right, but it is just one game. I think the equation has changed somewhat with Dirk's torn ligament.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True. The mavs just didnt show up last night, very dissapointing 1st game performance.

·
Registered
268 Posts
True. The mavs just didnt show up last night, very dissapointing 1st game performance.
If I remember 7th grade geography correctly, georgia is right next to florida. Why are you rooting for the mavs?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive never liked the heat. mavs have been my team for a long time now, dirk is by far one of the best the nba has ever had, the way that man plays the game is an art form. noone can match his shot or defend it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I see. I agree, too.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
all they need to do is bring out the game they used against the lakers and thunder and they will win the finals. if they play the entire series like they did last night they might as well just forefit and give the title to the heat. game 2 will determin how badly the mavs want the title.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I agree. However, we don't really know how bad Nowistski's finger is. I was wondering why his production was relatively low yesterday, and I think now that it's because of that finger. He's their MVP, and if he's not 100% they may be in trouble.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea, very true. he was missing shots he normally can make in his sleep. i hope hes good for game 2. also the rest of the team has to step up if dirks injury is slowing his game down. they were making alot of mistakes, missing open shots and giving to many 2nd chance opportunities. lets see what happens tomorrow.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Production is lower becuase the Heats Defense is alot better then they have faced....there younger and fast on defense. Just like any sport defense wins championships....heat in 5

·
Registered
268 Posts
You'd be hard pressed to find a better defense (out of the opponents the mavs have faced) but I don't think that totally explains Dirk's somewhat lower production. This is a guy that needs to be taking 20 to 22 shots a game, you can't really say that about anybody else in the league. When he only shoots 7 shots in the second half, it's not just defense, his finger was effed up.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well game 2 goes to the mavs after there insane comeback. a 22-5 run to end the game and win by 2 led by dirk who only had 24 points and they still come out with the win. now we going back to dallas for 3 straight games where they play at there best. i almost feel sorry for the heat....... almost.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot that the finals had the 2-3-2 format. You'd think I'd remember that since my teams been in the finals the past 3 years. But yeah, how epic was that comeback?! The only blemish in their SUPERB defense was when terry/kidd didn't guard ... uh... chalmers?... when he hit that 3 with 25 seconds left.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well the mavs let game 3 slide through there fingers. instead of laying the entire game as they did in the 4th 1/4. nowitzki needs to play as he does in the 4th for the entire game.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well the series is all tied up at 2. im surprised the mavs won the last game with nowitzki having that 102* fever and playing very sluggish, but they did what they always do, close out the 4th with crazy runs and excellent defense, miami just doesnt know how to close out games. game 5 tonight, hopefully dallas can take a 3-2 lead to go back to miami.

i think the mavs strategy, since they are more aged, is to keep the game as close as possible, not wear themselves down, and take over the 4th 1/4. the heat play at there same pace throughout the entire game and are beat to hell by the 4th. dallas is playing smart, keeping a good pace throughout and then unleashing hell in the 4th.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
finally..... dallas plays basketball like they always do. closed out the 4th with a 17-4 run to win by 9 and go up 3-2 in the series. who said heat in 5 or 6? ive never understood why dallas is always so underrated when they have what it takes to win it all.

well heat fans..... nervous yet?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts