Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently rented a car with the Microsoft Sync system in it. I looked around online, and Ford sells a dealer-install sync for the 2009 Mustangs. I found the part online for a decent price (Ford Mustang Sync), but the instructions say that it needs to be programed (both the vehicle and the sync system). Does anyone know where else this type of thing could be programmed from, or any other way to have this installed? I'm getting quotes from dealerships in the area for parts and labor ranging from $1000 to $1400.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I can't answer your question but I want to say a couple of things about Sync. My wife has it in her car. As a voice-activated, bluetooth phone system it is great. It is also great for voice-controlling the navigation system and the car CD player and radio. As an iPod controller it is not so great.

I have an iPod touch and when I hook it up, Sync will only play songs in alpahbetical order. If you want to listen to a specific album or playlist, for example, it will not play the songs in album order, it will alphabetize them and play them in that order. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I have not been able to figure out how to fix this.

The other point I would make is that I see from the pics that the talk button is located on the dash, not on the steering wheel like my wife's car. I question the utility of having to reach for the button while driving.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Or just order a 2010 Mustamg with the SYNC option (and trade in your 2009).

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have it in my Explorer. It is good for being hands free for the phone, but as stated before, a little tricky for the ipod. You have to have your itunes all filled out with the correct album, artist , genre, etc... and if you download off the net, you may have to input all that yourself in order to play it easily on sync. Sometimes the SYNC "Chick" cannot understand what you say & it works better with the windows rolled up. You cannot control the actual Ipod unit when hooked to Sync. so some good things some not so good.. It came with my truck, dont think I would have ordered it for that price!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.