Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering if anyone had the touch display in your new pony? I was thinking about getting one with mine but im not sure if it is worth the $2200. Can you replace the stock stearo with an aftermarker one?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
We have debated it before and my conclusion is the following.

Do you take a short commute back and forth to work every day and just cruise the boulevard on weekends, or just drag it on weekends? If so..waste of money.

Do you take vacations with the car, go on long trips, take trips to the in laws in another state or travel with it for work any? If so...yea..its very nice .....worth it in my opinion then.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey i was wondering if anyone had the touch display in your new pony? I was thinking about getting one with mine but im not sure if it is worth the $2200. Can you replace the stock stearo with an aftermarker one?
I don't have the touch screen, but I do have SYNC. SYNC is awesome BTW. I doubt you can replace the stock stereo without losing SYNC as it is integrated with the stereo.

·
Registered
360 Posts
It was a must have item on mine as its the only way to get dual temperature controls. My wife's temperature changes by the minute sometimes, and dual temperature is a marriage saver!

·
Registered
125 Posts
It was a must have item on mine as its the only way to get dual temperature controls. My wife's temperature changes by the minute sometimes, and dual temperature is a marriage saver!
Hahaha! Yeah I can see the benefits of dual zone, I wish it was standard.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I still haven't taken the time to learn how to use Sync. haha.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya it usually takes me around 30 mins to get to work everyday... and living in Alaska if i want to see buddys in other cities its usually an hour to 6 hour drive. so alot of my time is spent in my car. Is it the same as the demos on fords website? I know the demos are videoed in the Fiesta, but dose it work the same and have all the same features?

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is the site i was talking about that shows it in a Ford Fiesta... is it the same for the mustang?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
It's very nice, and I think it really dresses up the car, but I can see how someone might not think it's worth the money. HD radio is a really nice feature, but surely there's a cheaper way to get that.

The glass roof falls into the same category. I chose against it, but others think it's more than worth it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
well now I'm confused. IF the next model Stang (by the way, next as in 2012, or next as in 2014?) is going to have SYNC AND Mytouch, wouldn't that make the electronics package pretty much obsolete? I mean, that would mean the sirius package would ONLY add gas stations, movies, and weather right?

·
Registered
896 Posts
I have the electronics package and I love it. I am a techy person so gadgets are my thing. Even though a lot of the stuff I use it for can also be done with the sync radio without the EP. But having the touchscreen is real nice because the interface is really nice compared to the radio without the screen. Also, if you have a lot of CDs the 10 gig onboard storage is a big plus. I don't use it because all my music is on my iPod which syncs real well with the sync system. The nav system is just an extra perk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looking at the standard Mytouch enabled steering wheels, they would have to do some kind of a redesign for the Stang. There's no way (I hope) that I could ever see them trying to wedge that full size, F-150 looking steering wheel into a stang. UGH.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
well now I'm confused. IF the next model Stang (by the way, next as in 2012, or next as in 2014?) is going to have SYNC AND Mytouch, wouldn't that make the electronics package pretty much obsolete? I mean, that would mean the sirius package would ONLY add gas stations, movies, and weather right?
No doubt these systems will get better and better but as long as the prev generations work and work well, they will not be obsolete. The current version COULD NOT BE more user friendly (IMO).

The only cars "obsolete" will be the ones that have no such systems in them what so ever..as the day is coming when all cars will have nav/phone interface/information centers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
No doubt these systems will get better and better but as long as the prev generations work and work well, they will not be obsolete. The current version COULD NOT BE more user friendly (IMO).

The only cars "obsolete" will be the ones that have no such systems in them what so ever..as the day is coming when all cars will have nav/phone interface/information centers.

true, but what I mean by obsolete is that, if mytouch becomes standard, offering all the things they mentioned, then woudlnt that mean that the current nav package would not offer anything that you couldnt already get stock? thus the actuall nav package itself would be obsolete as an option to new customers. seems to me if mythouch becomes standard, then the whole travellink thing might as well go awy right? whod buy what theyre giving away for free?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
true, but what I mean by obsolete is that, if mytouch becomes standard, offering all the things they mentioned, then woudlnt that mean that the current nav package would not offer anything that you couldnt already get stock? thus the actuall nav package itself would be obsolete as an option to new customers. seems to me if mythouch becomes standard, then the whole travellink thing might as well go awy right? whod buy what theyre giving away for free?
One can only dream! Does it still include the touch screen?>

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just took my first trip in the new 'stang, using a $200 TomTom I opted for instead of the $2K factory nav. The TT was MUCH better and easier to use than the factory nav in my MKZ.

I sure wish I could have gotten the dual zone climate control as a stand-alone option, though.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
The current in car nav is easier to use than any portable device, and it wont lose its signal down town with all the tall buildings like the portables do.

The one hassle the in car nav DOES have in comparison is that you can not go into the full menu and type while the vehicle is in motion, where as you can on the portable versions. Other than that the interface is larger, more responsive, faster, and more user friendly than any portable device i have seen as yet.

you are correct about the older in car systems, the one in my friends RX8 and m girl friends sisters infinity G35 and yet another friends M3 all COMPLETELY SUCK in comparison to the current Mustang Nav set ups so i do believe what you were saying, it just doesn't apply here.

Additionally that Tom tom is not going to re-route you around traffic accidents, give you road closings, tell you what movies are playing, give you the gas prices, nor can you just push one additional button and call up the POI that you have chosen to search using the blue tooth interface to your phone. I also dont think it gives you weather forecasts, ski conditions or local concert events.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The current in car nav is easier to use than any portable device, and it wont lose its signal down town with all the tall buildings like the portables do.

The one hassle the in car nav DOES have in comparison is that you can not go into the full menu and type while the vehicle is in motion, where as you can on the portable versions. Other than that the interface is larger, more responsive, faster, and more user friendly than any portable device i have seen as yet.

you are correct about the older in car systems, the one in my friends RX8 and m girl friends sisters infinity G35 and yet another friends M3 all COMPLETELY SUCK in comparison to the current Mustang Nav set ups so i do believe what you were saying, it just doesn't apply here.

Additionally that Tom tom is not going to re-route you around traffic accidents, give you road closings, tell you what movies are playing, give you the gas prices, nor can you just push one additional button and call up the POI that you have chosen to search using the blue tooth interface to your phone. I also dont think it gives you weather forecasts, ski conditions or local concert events.

Definitely considering the SYNC Lockpick somebody mentioned earlier. Then its allll win! (provided the lockpick won't affect warranty coverage)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.