Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way to get the exhaust piping off the passenger side manifold without taking off the starter i cant get a socket wrench in it

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
most take a swivel, socket, extension and a lot of patience.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
We used a mid-length socket on mine. The deepwell was a hair too long with the swivel, and the shallow socket wouldn't fit over the stud. They're not too hard to find, picked up a single one at Sears for like $5.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
a mid length socket would work best but i managed with a 15mm deep socket doubled with a 3/8 swivel and about a foot and a half of extensions. i removed the sway bar underneath of better access (it's only held on by 2 bolts. also lather the bolts up with penetrating oil (works better than just plain old wd40) and put a lead pipe over your ratchet for better leverage. takes patience but im a 18 year old kid and got it done so i'm sure you could.

·
Registered
57 Posts
it was about 5 years ago that i did mine, but i do remember there were a few universal sockets an extension and a 12 pack of Budlight involved :hihi:... it was a PITA though, I do rember that.
Make sure you seal that bugger up when you put the new on on also... I had a problem with it leaking...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Brian, what did you use to "seal it up"?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just crank them down really tight it is a PITA! It took me hours (I kept having to go buy things lol). Well worth it in the end. Much easier on a lift if you have one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i finally got it off thanks alot everybody now im having trouble getting the O2 sensors out they have been in there so long anyone have any ideas on a good way to get them loose

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
penetrating oil, a wrench, and some muscle. it's easiest to disconnect them first then get them out when the mid pipe is out.

·
Registered
377 Posts
use a long screwdriver to push in the clip then just pull on it. swap sensors when both mid pipes are off, then line up sensors and push them back in with the long screwdriver to secure them with the little clips they have

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.