Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mid Pipe Nuts

929 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Liquormann 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I was trying to take off my mid pipe on my 92 today and in the procees I ended up rounding one of the nuts. I was thinking of using one special sockets that Sears sell for stripped nuts and bolts. Does anyone here have any suggestions?:headscratch:

#3 ·
they make nuts that go over stripped nuts. The tool looks like a regular nut except that inside it had 4 rounded edges that grab the stripped nut. You then use a larger socket to remove it.
I bought that tool from either Harbor Freight or Sears not sure. They also make a nut cracker that you bind the nut and break it off (never used one). If you have room you could try a saws all or hacksaw.

When taking off old rusty nuts I use 6 point sockets. Make sure you are using the right size too. It is a pain in the butt, but there are many metric nuts and bolts on the mustang.

Hope some of this helped. I may be able to find the package the nuts came in and give you the exact name and brand I used to get my H-pipe nut loose. (I stripped one on the passenger's side near the starter motor.

I'll look when I get off work at 6am CST.

Aaron.

Ps PB Buster works pretty good too. Try spraying em down and giving em a few wacks with something to jar the juice around.

#4 ·
they make nuts that go over stripped nuts. The tool looks like a regular nut except that inside it had 4 rounded edges that grab the stripped nut. You then use a larger socket to remove it.
I bought that tool from either Harbor Freight or Sears not sure. They also make a nut cracker that you bind the nut and break it off (never used one). If you have room you could try a saws all or hacksaw.

When taking off old rusty nuts I use 6 point sockets. Make sure you are using the right size too. It is a pain in the butt, but there are many metric nuts and bolts on the mustang.

Hope some of this helped. I may be able to find the package the nuts came in and give you the exact name and brand I used to get my H-pipe nut loose. (I stripped one on the passenger's side near the starter motor.

I'll look when I get off work at 6am CST.

Aaron.

Ps PB Buster works pretty good too. Try spraying em down and giving em a few wacks with something to jar the juice around.
Thank you I appreciate it:bigthumbsup

#6 ·
Those really do work, they're worth the money because you're bound to round other bolts off in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.