Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have made my mind up on catbacks, sort of... I am either getting Borla Stingers or Ataks, no doubt. I have heard enough good reviews about these exhausts to know that they are good quality, unique, and eargasmic, lol.

I just need to know what kind of mid pipe I should pair it with, for right now I can't get long tubes, but maybe in a few years so I am not concerned right now.

Either:
-Stingers with O/R H or Prochambers
-Ataks with O/R H with Prochambers.

Considering Mac O/R H, how is the quality, I would have to buy it from Mac's site, so no real reviews.

Not really concerned with power gains... looking for sound. I hate a lot of rasp, and love a deep growl. I want it to be loud, but able to DD.

Which setup should I go with? Also specific mid pipes would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Prochambers cost more than h-pipes but if you can afford it, it would be the best option.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Prochamber for sure if you can afford it.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Ataks are going to be loud. If you want deep and rumbly, than a prochamber with the stingers will be best option. Prochamber will be deeper sounding than the H pipe.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ataks are going to be loud. If you want deep and rumbly, than a prochamber with the stingers will be best option. Prochamber will be deeper sounding than the H pipe.
Do you associate deep and dumbly with quiet? How deep and dumbly are the Ataks?

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Prochamber is slightly quieter from what I hear from others.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm running long tubes, prochamber, and Stingers. No rasp, but it does get the 4.6 "blat blat" sound above 3k rpms. It's a deep tone, sounds good. Not as loud as the X or H pipes, but seems to drone a little more since the prochamber is pretty much just a single chamber muffler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts