Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't had any issues with my Motive Gear 4.10s except they are a little noisy. Still, I'm thinking of replacing them. I'm torn between the FRPP and Moser 4.10s. I've heard only positives about the Ford Racing gears. Anyone have experience with Moser gears?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might even consider the Strange Engineering 4.10s. Oh the choices.

·
Registered
103 Posts
$

just for interest how much does it typically cost to change out stardard gearing for a 3.9 or 4.1, parts and installation ?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$150-$250 for the parts (just the gears), another $100 or so for the install kit and fluid, and another $250-$450 to install. 3.9s are typically more expensive than than 4.10s.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
stlwagon said:
I might even consider the Strange Engineering 4.10s. Oh the choices.
This is one I'd say spend the extra $ and get the best, FRPP. Unless you like whiny gears. I have FRPP SVO 4.10s. They cost more than the regular FRPP gears but they are silent and durable.

Some have had good luck with Motive, some with Strange, etc. But I haven't heard ANYONE dissatisfied with FRPP gears. It's not something you want to do twice. I learned the hard, expensive way. Don't make the same mistake. (My Motive 3.90s failed and broke my differential carrier)

I paid $380 for my SVO gears and $380 for installation. Expensive, yes, but I have high confidense in these gears and that is worth something.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5twenty said:
This is one I'd say spend the extra $ and get the best, FRPP. Unless you like whiny gears. I have FRPP SVO 4.10s. They cost more than the regular FRPP gears but they are silent and durable.

Some have had good luck with Motive, some with Strange, etc. But I haven't heard ANYONE dissatisfied with FRPP gears. It's not something you want to do twice. I learned the hard, expensive way. Don't make the same mistake. (My Motive 3.90s failed and broke my differential carrier)

I paid $380 for my SVO gears and $380 for installation. Expensive, yes, but I have high confidense in these gears and that is worth something.
Where did you find the SVOs? I've been looking on Jegs and Summitt among others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts