Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i know that when you put and off road pipe on your car it will cause your car to have the check engine light on and cause it to run in safe mode...ive ran my car for about a month without the eliminators...and im getting ready to order a set but how much does running in safe mode actuall affect your car's performance in terms of rwhp

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I don't think anyone is going to have a numerical number for that question. Any right-minded tuner is going to refuse to dyno a car with a CEL locked in.

·
Registered
446 Posts
:laugh: that would be nice someone with a sheet showing how hp and tq drop its been said that the "safe mode" is not real however i agree with my light on i hate the orange stare and i notice a definite hesitation through the whole band... but if you have a tuner you can also turn off the back set of O2 sensors otherwise yeas MILs you need

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can my car being in safe mode hurt my car if so ill order mil eliminators but in like a month im going to be ordering a programer anyways

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
That DTC is only for catalyst efficiency. It has nothing to do with performace and isn't going to cause safe mode. If the car is in safe mode, it's something else that's causing it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
if you getting the tuner id just wait bear it another month and just turn em off and i didnot know that only certain codes were the culprit to this so called safe mode mine is not tripped by the same code as yours. nice to learn something thnks stlwagon

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it says on AM.com that instaling the mil elim. that it will increase performance

·
Registered
446 Posts
well you also have to think that ppl advertise their high flow shorty headers to ad 20hp i mean now way really??? so dont always belive what you read and like was said if you are soon to get a tuner just grin and bare it until then no biggie just a lite to stare at you:laugh:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
yeah, i agree just wait. i went ahead and bought the MILs because i didn't plan on buying a tuner anytime soon. i went from a catted x with a slightly dented cat to an o/r h pipe with the MILs and i noticed a power gain, and a nice sound.:gringreen i guess its just whatever floats your boat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.