Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently live in Japan, Okinawa specifically. I will be buying from AAFES New Car Sales, they have some great offers and right now have some great rebates. I spoke with one of their salesmen today, and he gave me what I think is a pretty great quote. Here's the details:

2014 V6 Coupe
6-speed manual transmission
Performance Package
Gotta have it Green
7-year/75,000 mile Owners Protection Plus (Major Component Coverage)
Zeibart South Full body Rust protection, Inner Guard(Interior stain protection), and Underbody Sound Barrier

Price: $24,302 (60mo./3.9%APR)

I think its a great deal. Now, my question is this. I have until November (when I leave) to make any changes I want to this order. I can cancel anything (warranty?) or change anything. I won't lose any of the rebates I have gotten and if they get better, I get the largest rebate possible. I can also even change to the next model year (2014.5?, 2015) if it becomes available before I leave... at no extra charge.

Now, I don't want to go Premium, I don't need it, won't use it. This is how I want this model. The doubt I have are 1) The Warranty; Do I need to spend the $1,700 on that when I get 3yr/36k for free? That would drop my final price by quite a bit. Also, I am really hoping they release a 50th Anniversary 2014.5 before I leave...

Do you guys typically spring for the extra warranty? I've read all good things about the reliability of the newer Mustangs. Thanks!

·
Registered
324 Posts
If your credit isn't bad, go to navyfed and get the loan at a 1.79% interest rate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never done any business with Navy Fed, I am Air Force... I don't think that matters though.

I have read up on the Zeibart stuff, and have heard terrible things about it, so thats an extra $500 off. And I am going to lose to $1795 Extended warranty as well.

I am doing some internet quoting to get an even cheaper price now

·
Registered
220 Posts
check your local bank on base for a loan I bet they will beat the dealership loan terms. when I bought my car i was offerd really good deals from all 3 places the dealership I checked at but I went my bank on base and got a $25,000 70mo at 1.6%. Alot of local banks on base give pretty good deals to first term airman.

as for as the Zeibart stuff I had no choice when I bought my car but tried my hardest to get it taken off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Best deal

I looked into AAFES new car sales while on deployment. I'd email a couple dealers and see if they can beat the price you've been quoted. I ended up getting the car cheaper from a dealer in the states. Did you get a chance to test drive one? If not, that might be a good reason to get one once you're back here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Honestly I'd say thats not a great deal. I paid 25,100 for a base model GT. Don't think because you're in the military they are giving you the best deal. Chances are they are not...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought my 2013 V6 permium performance package overseas when deployed. 26.5k msrp with a sale price of 24k. With AAFES you can get a better deal in the states then have AAFES match a dealer quote for your completely customized car.

But let me caveat. 8 months later I traded in the V6 for my current ride, 2013 GT. IMO, if you plan on spirited driving, get a base GT.

·
Registered
734 Posts
You need to check out OMSC/ENCS (Overseas Military Sales Corp / Exchange New Car Sales) if you're in Japan. Those are the places with the Irish guys manning them. They're all Irish. Every one of them.

According to their website (Chrysler, Ford & Harley-Davidson Overseas Military Sales Program), they have several locations at Kadena. You should go check them out. I got my 2012 GT through them and the whole process was great.

I do recommend not getting the Zeibart protection package. It's mostly a waste of money.

As for financing, you should definitely go through either USAA, AFB, or NFCU (which you are most definitely eligible for).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So after removing the warranty and Zeibart, the price comes in at $22,699.

Odds are I going to just get a 2014.5 once they start offering those, but I am curious where you got your GT that cheap.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey AF.

No need for rustproofing. That stuff belongs in the 80s. New sheetmetal is good enough as is.

Warranty... Well that is questionable. I drive a lot. I have a 2013 and it already has 17K miles. I didn't get it. Why? Becasue I researched the reliability on these vehicles and they all seem to be above average. So if $700 makes you sleep better at night, then go for it. I sleep well enough as is.

Anyway, I got my 2013 V6 premium MCA, 3.31, 6mt, glass roof, and back up camera for 26k from ENCS. Use that as a judgement. I was very happy with the price. BTW msrp was 31K +-

Also, don't be so quick to rule out premium. Drive one first if you can. If you are now deployed, then nevermind. But, don't be so quick to wirte off the difference between the two. Trust me, there is a difference, and one I am glad I paid for.

Laslty, why wait for the next model? It may not even be what most of us call a Mustang. I am not saying that the next model is any less. On the contrary, it may be effing awesome. But... Why do you like this model? Because chances are, what you like about this model may not be in the next model at all. All except the name Mustang.

Maybe.

Just my 2 cents.

Sal

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They don't let you test drive the car here in Okinawa. I am definitely going to get a better price... Ill keep working on it after hearing these stories. I have until November to make any changes I want.

I would prefer the 50th anniversary because well... I'm a fan of the mustang, I've owned 4 so far, and would love to get a unique "special" car. I am planning on keeping this car for the long haul... No selling in 5 years or upgrading, I want to have My Car for as long as I can.

·
Registered
181 Posts
2014 V6 Coupe
6-speed manual transmission
Performance Package
Gotta have it Green
7-year/75,000 mile Owners Protection Plus (Major Component Coverage)
Zeibart South Full body Rust protection, Inner Guard(Interior stain protection), and Underbody Sound Barrier

Price: $24,302 (60mo./3.9%APR)

I think its a great deal. Now, my question is this. I have until November (when I leave) to make any changes I want to this order. I can cancel anything (warranty?) or change anything. I won't lose any of the rebates I have gotten and if they get better, I get the largest rebate possible. I can also even change to the next model year (2014.5?, 2015) if it becomes available before I leave... at no extra charge.

Also, I am really hoping they release a 50th Anniversary 2014.5 before I leave...

Do you guys typically spring for the extra warranty? I've read all good things about the reliability of the newer Mustangs. Thanks!
First off, from a fellow AF member of almost 10 years, thank you for your service.

Right now, USAA is offering 60 mo./2.25% for your price range if you have great credit; they are also offering 1.49% if you use their car buying service, but that expires today. I do everything with USAA and currently have two car loans with them that I got at their lowest rate.

USAA also offers their own extended warranty package, but the price varies depending on the cost of the vehicle. As far as extended warranties go, only get it now if you know for sure that you plan on keeping the car. I previously had a 2011 V6 that I got the Ford extended warranty on, but then traded it a year and a half later to buy my wife a new car; I did go to Ford and cancel the warranty, but I did not get all of my money back. You can always purchase an extended warranty down the road, you just won't get as good of a deal.

Unless you plan on driving your car in snow on salted roads, I would not bother with the rust protection. If you are going to live somewhere with snowy conditions, just buy a cheap 4x4 to get you through the bad weather; there are plenty under $2K that run just fine.

I don't really know anything about the sound barrier, but whatever it is, it sounds unnecessary, lol. I opted out of the stain protection, but that's because I baby the hell out of my car, so it just depends on what you plan on having in your car (i.e. open drink container, messy baby who likes to throw food, etc.).

My last piece of advice goes back to USAA. I did not officially use their car buying service because the closest dealership that worked with them was over 200 miles away; however, the local dealer where I bought my truck said they would match the price. Between the USAA discount and current incentives, I purchased my custom-ordered 2013 GHIG GT for $4500 below MSRP. Needless to say, I was very happy about the deal.

P.S. You sound like you really want a 50th anniversary edition Mustang, so maybe you should hold off ordering one until we know for sure what the next Mustang is going to look like. I would hate to see you kicking yourself for buying a 2014 when you absolutely love the next Mustang. Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy the hell out of that car!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Honestly I'd say thats not a great deal. I paid 25,100 for a base model GT. Don't think because you're in the military they are giving you the best deal. Chances are they are not...
If you did You did get a great deal, But the price of the base Gt model is $31500. can't see the dealer dropping $6000. on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well that's exactly what they did. 6K off of every GT on the lot. This was at Frontier Ford in Santa Clara. In fact if you look today they are 5K off of MSRP. The day I went in there were 4 base models left. By the time I was finished they were all sold :)

Frontier Ford Specials Santa Clara | Ford Sale | Frontier Ford Coupons | Ford San Jose | New Car Specials Santa Clara CA | Ford Deals San Francisco

If you did You did get a great deal, But the price of the base Gt model is $31500. can't see the dealer dropping $6000. on it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well that's exactly what they did. 6K off of every GT on the lot. This was at Frontier Ford in Santa Clara. In fact if you look today they are 5K off of MSRP. The day I went in there were 4 base models left. By the time I was finished they were all sold :)

Frontier Ford Specials Santa Clara | Ford Sale | Frontier Ford Coupons | Ford San Jose | New Car Specials Santa Clara CA | Ford Deals San Francisco
Good for you the dealers in my area hold pretty close to MSRP. I quess thats the good difference with bigger dealers, they want to move cars not just make all the money on 1 car. You wouldn't have got $5000-6000 off here.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've also got a 2014 V6 PP reserved and I am paying $21,731 because I am a college grad within the last two years and I got $300 off for a St. Patty's day promotion. Now, that is with a $2500 rebate, and I'm hoping it goes up to what the 13's are currently at ($4250) so I'll get it for about 20k.

I've priced a 2013 V6 PP and I saw one about 150 miles from me for about $19,800. If I wasn't deploying I would seriously consider going and getting that one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've also got a 2014 V6 PP reserved and I am paying $21,731 because I am a college grad within the last two years and I got $300 off for a St. Patty's day promotion. Now, that is with a $2500 rebate, and I'm hoping it goes up to what the 13's are currently at ($4250) so I'll get it for about 20k.

I've priced a 2013 V6 PP and I saw one about 150 miles from me for about $19,800. If I wasn't deploying I would seriously consider going and getting that one.
They'll price match, and go lower, so if I could get that dealership to send me a quote, I could get a better deal

1 - 20 of 24 Posts