Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here used or is currently using the Milodon Road Racing Oil Pan for a 302 fox mustang? If so what oil pump and pickup did you use? Also did you have any problems with maingirdle fitment? Thanks

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Cant say for Milodon, but I love my canton pan, pickup, windage tray and dipstick. They fit perfect and look great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GhostDog 5.0 said:
Cant say for Milodon, but I love my canton pan, pickup, windage tray and dipstick. They fit perfect and look great.
I was thinking about Canton but I've heard that the Canton pans have fitment issues on the K-member. Were did you get your setup? Is it all Canton products or a combination of others?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Im with GhostDog, I love my Canton pan. I used all Canton parts and got them here http://www.mspmall.com/ddautospec/ The guy is very knowledgable and helpful. I just put the windage tray on and it fit fine. There was also no problem with fitment in the car. Not sure if you could snake it in with the engine in the car. Mine is an older model, but it is 7 quarts, T sump, build in crank scraper and baffling for oil control, and it came with its own pickup if I remember correct. It also has a spot to mount a level/temp sensor if you like. I have heard of fitment problems with other makes of pans, mostly with interferance between the pan and pickup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I'm going to look into Canton a little more. I'm build my car for road racing and mabye for the American Iron series, but untill then I drive it everyday. Kind of a street performance that I can completely switch over later. Would you use a hv oil pump or a stock pump?

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Im using all canton parts. I got my pan from ebay but the rest of the parts I got from a company called streetfly. I think they are out of business now (doh).

I was able to raise the engine just enough to install all of it with it still in the car. What a pain though!

Im using a stock pump. I had a high volume pump on my car and it was the worst thing I've ever put on it. I was getting crappy pressure , especially when it warmed up. It also robbed a lot of horsepower. I'd get a stock replacement from Melling part #M68, stay away from the high volume part # M68-HV

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the Melling HV pump listed above and have had no problem with it. Not sure of HP loss, but always have good pressure (40 psi hot @ 2500 rpms). Thats my own 2 cents.

·
Registered
716 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.