Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, here are the rules! Post all the "mini" mods you have done to your Stang, exterior to interior to performance - But... You must do the following!
  • Give a price - a guestimate is fine! NOTHING MORE THAN $100 TOTAL (per mod)!
  • Post pictures! That's practically the point of these things!
  • Links are jolly good, but not required.
:bigthumbsup

(Also, try not to repeat exact mods as someone else... If everyone posts painted calipers, this won't be to fun now, huh? ;) )

You can also ask questions, and comment on things as well. But... I don't think we all want to see "DIY Pedal Covers" only to see "Yeah I put them on and it was $10 and they look good. :shigrin "

That's no good! Quality stuff here everyone! :gringreen

What we want: Door pins, custom painted radiator covers, trim, headlight covers, grills, etc.

What we DON'T want: The take off mufflers you got off of ebaY for cheap! Or those fuzzy dice you put on your rear view mirror (sorry dudes! ;) ), etc.

I think this should be cool! There's nothing like inexpensive mods, for a rather expensive car.

Let the mini-mod festival begin! Woot!

I'll start this off with some cool stuff I did to get the ball rolling! I won't talk to much. promise! ;)

Billet Aluminum Door Pins: $8
I got these off ebaY new for like $8 shipped. They're tiny but look awesome, like they were meant to be there! Other sites sell them too, just look around.
0604091935.jpg

"Billet" Painted speaker and shifter trim: Like $1 ha
I figured - What the heck! These won't cost much to replace. I got a can of silver spray paint enamel for interior/exterior ($3) and sprayed them down (took them off first of course!). I didn't sand them down, clean them, or prime them, and they look AWESOME! I now have the look of billet aluminum - And for the cost of new aluminum speaker rings and aluminum shifter bezel - I just saved about $170!
[ 0604091604.jpg 0604091708.jpg 0604091651.jpg 0604091535.jpg 0604091700.jpg

Painted Calipers: $16
This isn't quite an easy thing to do... Oh wait, yeah, it was! The kit was a "Duplicolor" painting kit sold at Checker, but most auto stores with have it. It's $16, but includes brake cleaner, which you need. We took the brakes off the rotors but left the brake lines connected. It took 2 days to do, maybe 6 hours altogether. But it was my first time even taking the wheels off - It can be done in less than half that amount of time (we painted ALL around the caliper though - recommended). Let them dry for around 24 hours before going for a long drive. The fronts are perfect 4 months later, and the rears need a couple little touch ups.
11.jpg 12.jpg

ebaY Oil Separator: Altogether about $30
I decided to take the plunge... It works! The total cost was about $30. I got the can from ebaY and bought hose and clamps from AutoZone and Checker. Install was easy... Here's a write up I did on it (more pics & info there). Clicky.
0522091538.jpg IMG_7767.JPG

Door sill sticker inserts: Around $10
Very cheap mod for like $10 from AmericanMuscle. They look cool and complete the sills! They are little stickers & are removable.
9.jpg

3rd Brakelight "MUSTANG" Blackout: Around $6
I personally think this is very cool. Not everyone's cup of tea... Its a sticker. But hey, it's like $6 from AmericanMuscle! & its not boring old red now! :gringreen
DSCN0557.jpg

Magnetic Blackout Panel: $30
For $30, its not bad. You can get it on AmericanMuscle. I'd highly recommend a higher quality piece from CDC - That's what I'm going to do ($60-70). This is basically a kitchen magnet. :(
13.jpg

Wheel accessories: Around $58 total
I got all these things off of AmericanMuscle to dress up my stock wheels until I can upgrade them. Black lugs: like $20; 4 black GT center caps: like $30; Mustang Pony valve cover caps: $8.
DSCN0585.jpg DSCN0586.jpg

12" Black Shorty Antenna: $14
I got this for like $14 off of AmericanMuscle as well. Get rid of the stock lightning rod! :shigrin
DSCN0588.jpg antenna comparison.jpg

(Hopefully I left some for you guys! :shiny: )

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Well you can count me out, nuthin' under a C note here.:shiny:

Wait I lied....Chrome GT power plug $29 - ebay and brushed aluminium GT500 pedal covers $59 - ebay.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well you can count me out, nuthin' under a C note here.:shiny:
Hahahahahah

Well forget you! :happydance: Thanks for the contribution... No floormats? :shigrin

Maybe this thread will... Inspire you? :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tinted Headlights and taillights and blinkers like 20 bucks for the precut tint on ebay.6 dollars for a painted pony grill =] rattle can... ummmmm also! 6 dollar 2008 bullitt msutang grill check my pictures ha

·
Registered
137 Posts
Splash Guards

about 70 dlls.

prevents rocks hittin your rear fender

good protection

as an addition.. you can join the splash guard registry

:gringreen

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Well i don't have any pics on this comp but i have pics of mostly everything in my profile for those that want to check it out.

1) BLK281GT's billett rear seat latches. ~$75 and my favorite mini-mod by far. LOVEEEE how they look, get a compliment every single time i go to a meet about them

2)GT power plug ~ $20 off of EBay. Matches the dash kit from the IUP

3)Pony Tri-bar floormats ~$100. Plush, bigger than the OEM ones, and come with mats for the rear seat too

4)Pony tri-bar center caps ~$50 for my 17" stock Bullitts

5)1/2 Mirror Covers ~$70 they really should have came stock with the car

6)UPR oil separator. ~$90 and a functional mod :)

7)UPR E-brake Bezel ~$45 satin silver

8)UPR Cupholder Bezel ~$50 satin silver

9) Sylvania replacement bulbs ~$70 for all 4 and wow do they make a difference

10) Magnetic blackout panel ~$30 (uninstalled due to custom stripes)

11) Radiator extensions ~$60 should have come stock

12) Billet engine bay caps ~$50 FOR ONE CAP!! (got 3 of 6 for christmas)

13) Door welt trim ~$40 for 60ft and it makes the interior POP now

14) Keyless entry pad ~$65 i can never lock myself out of my car now :) and i mounted it inside the fuel door

15) SHR lower grill inserts ~$50 should have come stock

16) Red caliper paint ~$40 and took 3 1/2 hours but well worth it!

17) 4.6L V8 badges ~$15 color matches stripes and i needed something on the side of the scoop

18) "Mustang" 3rd brake light decal $10 1 word, COOL:D

and btw, i have 4 more mini-mods in the mail ;)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Moroso coolant expansion tank, Moroso brake fluid resivoir cover, Moroso Fuse Box Cover, Cobalt Polished Hood Struts, MUSTANG 3rd Brake Light Decal, Stage 3 Motorsports license plate frame, Custom Dash Pony Emblem, Custom Red Climate Control Knobs, 3M Hood Pins, PWRD BY FORD fender emblems, midwest mirror covers, and everything i have painted FORD BLUE! pics in gallery

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Mod for inside the windshield of your Mustang: "For Sale by Owner" sign.
(With a space for adding your phone number.)

From $8.45 at Ace Hardware or priced at $9.90 each on Amazon.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Interior
Custom Blue and White Paint = less than $20
White Welt Trim = $60 from Mr. Mike's with some left over after doing doors, dash, visors, head liner

Under Hood
Plenum Cover Paint = less than $20 got cover from my dealer for $50.00
Strut Bar Paint = less than $20 the Steeda bar is over $100 but costs basically nothing to paint
Fuse Box Paint and Grill Pony = $30 including cost of the pony
Blue Wire Tubing = $10
Radiator Cover and extensions Paint = $99.00 +/- including cost of extensions

Dash and Engine Plaques = $40 for both from Unique Auto Supplies

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sorry the pics didnt go through on teh first post.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.