Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, maybe somebody can help me. I've got an 05 silver GT. I happen to think the mirrors on the stang look like 2 houge barn doors sticking out. I'm trying to find a way to remove the mirrors, patch up the triangular area onthe door/window and then retro-fit some nice shiny chrome bullet mirrors. Any suggestions or handy people out there than know what I could do?

Attachments

G

·
you mean like these mirrors...i know...i like em too...although i'm on the highway the other day in my 06gt and i'm thinking wow the stock mirrors are big enough to show everything...i'm torn

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
looks like the LNR body kit by blow by racing

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mirror delete option

Some people are able to use those tiny little mirrors but in this environment with all this traffic wee all need to see as much as we can. So for safety reasons I say get use to the "barn doors".

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, the visibility with our barn door-mirror is great. I'm sure it will be a bit scary with the small bullit mirrors. The mirror change I want to do is maybe for when I'm ready for my stang to be my secondary car. We'll see.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nghtrnnr, is that the cdc hood on that car you showed?

·
Registered
261 Posts
hell with that get rid of nthem all together and get camera monitors . i dont hav this option but sounds like cool idea!!lol:eyepoppin

·
Registered
189 Posts
agent 47 has some sweet retro mirrors that bolt right in place of the stock ones. they are a copy of the 1970-71 mustang mirror.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm not a fan, but it's an interesting idea. I have the chrome "spot" mirror on my 70 Impala and can't see crap. any link for Agent 47?

I'm thinking a good body shop might be able to fab something. It' a fairly flat area, and the mounts seem straightforward enough..

EDIT: okay, did a search on agent 47. Man, now those are cool. Pricey, though. ANd while you're there, check out the "innerframe" chasis bracing. Bada$$!!

AGENT 47 : Home

·
Registered
363 Posts
Looks like the mirrors off an old '69 Hurst Olds or Rambler...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts