Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I felt a differnce in the power in my 2000 gt, soon after that the check engine light came on. Took it to autozone & ran it on the computer...it was a misfire on cylinder 5. So switch coils 5 to 6 and 6 to 5...re did it and it said there was a misfir on 6 now. So i replaced the coils but the problem continues. Any ideas what it could be...i also replaced all8 spark plugs

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Did you buy the OE Ford COPs?

If not, we're getting reports that the aftermarket items have been a problem.

Your diagnosis SHOULD have shown that the problem was the #5 COP.

When you did the work, did you seal everything up with the correct dielectric gell? And are you saying that #5 is still bad, and if you switch it to #6 the problem shifts to #6?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I switched 5 COP to number 6 COP and number 6 to 5 and ran the diagnostic once the Check Engine Light came back on just to see if it was the COP that was bad. First time it read misfire on 5, after I switched them it read misfire on Cylinder 6. So I replaced them with after market....where would i seal it with electric gell?

·
Registered
378 Posts
could very well be bad gas...its going around I just had the same problem. run the tank out till the light comes on and put some Techron and fill it up.:bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.