Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I went out to get a Pizza for dinner last night and my car was running perfectly fine, no shakes or shudders or slow acceleration. But went I started my car to drive to work this morning is was running pretty rough and had a popping sound coming from the tail pipe. No code registered so i figured I'd limp to work and fix it when i got home, I got about a block away before the service engine soon light started blinking, I turned around and scanned the code and it read Cylinder 3 misfire. I changed the spark plug for cylinder three and started the car up and it seemed to be running fine. Once again, on my way to work I started to run a little rough but this time only when taking off from a start or going around a corner (pretty much whenever the cars needs to build up some power). When I got home I changed out the rest of the spark plugs and tested the car again and now its back to running rough all the time. I was thinking of changing wires and coil pack next but thought I'd post on here first before I spend any money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the same issue, I actually still have the issue. Changes spark plug's, spark plug wire's, coil, fuel filter, and cam shaft posistion sensor. None of those part's helped, The best mustang performance shop couldn't even figure it out. And I know what you mean about lack of power going uphill, I was following my dad to the shop going up a slight incline and he was in his Chevy Silverado just putting up the hill and I was at full throttle and couldn't keep up with him. Please let me know if you figure this out. Only thing I can think of to replace on my car now is the fuel pump and injector's. Kicker is my car just hit 60,000 mile's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts