Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was driving to work when my CEL started flashing, i pulled over to check the code with my tuner and when i turned the key of and checked the code it gave me a cylinder 4 missfire, when i turned the car back on the light was gone and i didnt clear it but the car was running really bad!

Can anybody tell me what happened? how to fix it or if its something to worry about?

·
Registered
613 Posts
So i was driving to work when my CEL started flashing, i pulled over to check the code with my tuner and when i turned the key of and checked the code it gave me a cylinder 4 missfire, when i turned the car back on the light was gone and i didnt clear it but the car was running really bad!

Can anybody tell me what happened? how to fix it or if its something to worry about?
Move the coil in cyl 4 to another cyl and see if the misfire moves. If it does, you know you have a faulty coil. That is what I would do first.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why did the CEL turn off even tho there is still a problem? If the missfire does not move what do i do?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Best thing to do is check your #4 plug and your #4coil pack worst thing it could be is to replace the plug is 3.00 and coil pack is 40.00, then take it to get the codes clear after you replace these parts, no problem takes 5 minutes!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have actually had 2 separate cars with a misfire and no code one had a bad after market coil pack that had less then 500 miles on it when it started acting up and the other the ceramic on the spark plug had a small crack caused a bad misfire and did not throw a code at first. There are other things to look at to you can put a stethoscope on injector and make sure its ticking like it should also a clogged egr passage will cause a misfire to. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.