Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the plugs and I have replaced the coil on #3 cylinder but I am still getting a P-0303 miss fire on cylinder #3. I was getting it on cylinder #5 five but when I replaced the plug and coil on it that one went away. However I am now getting cylinder #4 miss firing. Is there the potential of something else being wrong causing the multiple cylinder miss fire and if so what could it be?

·
Registered
194 Posts
does the motor actually miss(run rough, shake under heavy load or at idle) or is the computer being tricked. the crankshaft position sensor is what the computer uses to check for misfires, sometimes when they start to go bad they will read wrong, throwing wrong misfire codes. Not saying its the problem but something to think about.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
the crankshaft position sensor is what the computer uses to check for misfires, sometimes when they start to go bad they will read wrong, throwing wrong misfire codes. Not saying its the problem but something to think about.

I was thinking the same thing, it sounds like you tried the easy stuff first. I would swap the crank position sensor next.

Seems like I read a thread a while back on here where someone had a bad alternator diode which was causing interference with the Crank sensor and replacing the alternator fixed it or replacing both the alternator and crank sensor, I can't remember exactly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.