Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my 88 5.0 with an aod . When its in overdrive under a load accelerateing from around 40 the engine has an intermitting miss . I have changed the coil , cap ,rotor , and plugs and also changed the fuel pump because it was making alot of noise and I still have the problem . I was thinking about the map sensor but their are no codes in the computer . This car is non mass air sensor . Any ideas

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Could be a spark plug wire arcing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey man im having the same problem as well i have a 88 aod converted to t5 but when i usally get up to 3rd gear it does that sometimes 2nd my gauge pod doesnt work at all not sure why though thinking it might be not wenough fuel or to much fuel maybe u figured it out let me know caus eim trying to fix mine as well also how high does your speed cluster go up to mine goes up to 85 i thought they were only in 4 cylinders let me know thx someone plz hepol me fix this thx oh by the way the mis firing doesnt usally happen when the car is cold so try only when it warms up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ran a new set of plugs in and I checked the air temp sensor and it was cloged up with carbon so I changed it , retimed the motor ,cleared the computer and all was good .so I pushed the timing up to 14 and It ran great for about 500 miles and it is starting to happen again . Iam going to drive it alittle longer to see if it get as bad as it did the first time and the I am going to clear the computer again and see what happens . Also Have the 85mph spedo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.