Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a SCT X3 Tuner and American Muscle has asked me for the computer code, I followed their instructions and went down to the garage popped my hood and looked for the decal on the side of the ECM, the decal is not there and hence I have no idea what the computer code is, it seems by all the posts and what American Muscle is telling me is that the code is crucial, does anyone have any idea, if there is an alternative way to locate the code or if it's really necessary at all for a CAI? Can the codes be traced via VIN's from blueoval.com?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
You need to have the 4 digit code (3 letters followed by 1 number). Without it they can't build the tune. You checked every side?

D

·
0 Posts
Be cautious using the PCM sticker codes if you have an 05-07... and had the car in for dealer service. Chances are your PCM has been reflashed and the original strategy code no longer applies. Check out this link regarding strategy codes and PCM sticker codes... reference posts 10-12, 15.

Just flashed tune onto car, now car wont start!!!!!

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Be cautious using the PCM sticker codes if you have an 05-07... and had the car in for dealer service. Chances are your PCM has been reflashed and the original strategy code no longer applies. Check out this link regarding strategy codes and PCM sticker codes... reference posts 10-12, 15.

Just flashed tune onto car, now car wont start!!!!!
Ideal way is to pull the strategy with the tuner but in this case it's like a self-licking ice cream cone since he needs the code to get the tuner.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Are you trying to get a custom tune or just wanting a CAI and the canned tunes that come on the tuner? If you are just looking for the CAI and canned tunes you don't need any codes.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Are you trying to get a custom tune or just wanting a CAI and the canned tunes that come on the tuner? If you are just looking for the CAI and canned tunes you don't need any codes.
They still need to know the PCM code.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, looked under bracket and no luck, looks like this could be drama, for such an important piece of info, I can't fathom why ford has decided to stick it on a decal, wonder if it got lost on the ship to Shanghai.... well, Since this is the only 05+ mustang in China, I think it will be hard to find a mate with a tuner.... Helpppppppppp......

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm a parts counterman in a ford dealership, if you want give me your vin# and I'll run it, I should be able to get you original code, but as mentioned above if the dealer has reflashed your pcm the original code would not do you any good, the dealer can hook up to your car and pull the cal code.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Maybe a Ford dealer can pull it from the PCM for you.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I'm a parts counterman in a ford dealership, if you want give me your vin# and I'll run it, I should be able to get you original code, but as mentioned above if the dealer has reflashed your pcm the original code would not do you any good, the dealer can hook up to your car and pull the cal code.
Would the PCM serial # help?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Would the PCM serial # help?
no good with pcm serial#, with the vin# I can pull the original strategy
code that will give me the 4 digit cal code, but like mentioned if the car has been reflashed by the dealer then the only option is to have the dealer hook up the car and pull the code.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
no good with pcm serial#, with the vin# I can pull the original strategy
code that will give me the 4 digit cal code, but like mentioned if the car has been reflashed by the dealer then the only option is to have the dealer hook up the car and pull the code.
Gotcha... That's why I asked him if he'd ever had the car serviced by Ford. Hopefully it hasn't.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.