Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, im installing a improved intake manifold from ford racing 03 gt to an 03 explorer with a 4.6 and comes with the aluminum coolant crossover but is missing one hole by the colant hose inlet that goes into the plenum. i need help on what to do? can i leave this like that and cover the holein the plenum? or what? if i have to drill, how? explanations would be awesome thanks!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If you are talking about the sensor circled in the pic, then you will need to drill it out and tap it with a 3/4 npt (i think it is a 3/4 npt). Anyway, if you dont have the proper size drill bit and tap, it might be cheaper just to have a machine shop do it, due to the cost of a drill bit and tap. If you do have someone tap it for you make sure you bring the sensor along with so they can tap it to the right depth. If it is tapped too deep you are F*ckd.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Ok, I was wrong anyways, I think it is a 3/8 npt. just wanted to clarify that. I wouldn't want the dude to put the 3/4 npt in, and a half to post another thread that " his hole is too big".. Lol

·
Banned
3,420 Posts
In case OP ever comes to check out his thread again...

Cooling System

The 4.6L, 5.4L & 6.8L cast iron blocks use a cooling system that is different from the one that is used on the aluminum blocks. The aluminum blocks use a bypass hose (this is the hose that runs in front of the engine to the thermostat housing) to keep flow constant through the block to help eliminate hot spots. This is due to aluminum being more susceptible to hot spots than is cast iron. If you are running an aluminum block do not eliminate this hose. The cast iron blocks utilize a conventional cooling system (no bypass hose).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
man you guys cant get over stupid crap right? its now fixed and running great. just found a different crossover. i speak spanish and srtuggle with english. hope you guys had fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.