Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a few "missing ponies" lately when viewing older Mustangs in commercials and TV shows. They either take the pony out of the corral in the grill or they hide it somehow. I also notice that you never see any late model Mustangs you only see 65 - 67 models. Is Ford really that anal about their trademark where Mustangs are concerned?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Yup......................................................

·
Registered
381 Posts
Is Ford really that anal about their trademark where Mustangs are concerned?
I wouldn't call them anal as a LOT of companies are very protective of their brands / trademarks / patents.

You hear Mustang, you think of Ford, right?

Imagine if these guys were allowed to have all their little characters drive around in Ford Mustangs... what do you think that would do to Fords and the Mustangs image?

I'd say most companies are a bit overprotective but they have to be. There are billions of websites, promotional materials, clubs, etc. where these brands and images could be "used".

·
Registered
541 Posts
Not really all that different from watching MTV or something, and seeing trademarks and name brands blurred out on t-shirts.

Or TV shows or Movies, where the beer can has a paper wrapper on it that says "beer" or something.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really do understand the trademark protection thing and the reasons why etc. I just don't know that i understand the whole picture when I see the front end of a vintage Mustang on TV and the running pony is missing. I'm not sure what that accomplishes. I've searched the web for stuff with the word "BULLITT" on it after buying one and that seems to be a Warner Brothers trademark so you won't find anything with that word in the correct font. Society is just going to the dogs in general and this is all just part of it. That and $4 a gallon gas.

I'm just ranting a little.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I think it's being taken to extremes, however. I'm getting a little tired of seeing every license plate, T-shirt, emblem, hat, etc. being blurred out. It gets very distracting after a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.