Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently added a very small amount (maybe an ounce) of antifreeze to my car, but I wasn't really paying attention and I put blue (or green--can't remember) antifreeze in it and the stuff that was already in the car was orange. I bought it a while back and this was the first time I've messed with the coolant. To be honest, I didn't even know orange antifreeze existed! Is this going to cause a problem?

R

·
0 Posts
you'll be fine as the "orange" stuff is just extended range.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
As Randy said you will be fine, however it is recommended if you mix anitfreeze to follow the service interval for green coolant and not the one for extended live coolant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you'll be fine as the "orange" stuff is just extended range.....
I totally disagree, the extended life coolant is the equivalent to dex-cool and is no way a good idea to leave it mixed. the coolant that your looking for is either green or yellow. Mixing the Green and Orange can and eventually creates a corrosive muddy substance. Ive have plenty of experience with dealing with customers that own GM vehicles and mixing the two together.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I totally disagree, the extended life coolant is the equivalent to dex-cool and is no way a good idea to leave it mixed. the coolant that your looking for is either green or yellow. Mixing the Green and Orange can and eventually creates a corrosive muddy substance. Ive have plenty of experience with dealing with customers that own GM vehicles and mixing the two together.

If it was indeed Dex cool you would be right, however FOMCO only used Dex Cool in the 99-02 mercury cougar everything else was either the green or Yellow-colored(gold), longer-life, ethylene glycol-based engine coolant . And it is ok to mix these 2 however it is recommended when u do to follow the green coolant service interval.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.