Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got them installed today and I'm loving them! $430 something shipped from ninosport.com.

I was worried about drone with them but I was very pleasantly surprised to hear none at all! Some people say that they drone between 1.5k-2k rpm but it's not drone, just a very deep, throaty, and powerful exhaust note. That seems to be their sweet spot though they still deliver good sound at a range of RPM's. The idle is nice and quiet too, which some may not like, but I really only like to hear the sound when I'm getting on the gas.

My buddy who installed them with me called it an "exotic car" tone. He works on a lot of different modded muscle cars so I value his opinion quite a bit, made me smile a bit inside to hear him say that :) They aren't as loud as I thought they would be but that's ok with me, I value the tone more than the volume.

Working on getting the videos posted but my interent is sucking it up at the moment, I keep getting random packet losses which interrupt my uploads so I might not be able to post them until Saturday when I get my modem replaced. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Now you just need the Bassani Catted X-Pipe to really make it sick.. :D

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
Now you just need the Bassani Catted X-Pipe to really make it sick.. :D
Agreed, if you like that "Exotic" or European sound the addition of an X-pipe will make it sound even more so.

I'm running a Magnaflow axle back and catted X-pipe and it sounds a lot like my friends M3 (the new one), except mine doesn't spin to 8500rpm's........yet:D

To me the H-pipes give that classic muscle car combined with the "5.0" sound. Sounds great to me. Nothing quite like a high spinning 5.0 with LT's, H-pipe, Flowmasters and tailpipes. That sound will always have a spot in my heart.

But I sure do like the "exotic" sound that I am getting with my current combo.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
H pipe H pipe H pipe!!! :D

I'm currently running the stock exhaust. The Bassini's look nice... But they are quite expensive for just mufflers. :scratchchin

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I will eventually put on the Bassani LT/X-Pipe combo or the Kooks, after the SC that is. Tough choice between the two though...

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
The Bassani stuff sure is purdy and nice though. Some of the highest quality exhaust I have seen short of motorcycle systems.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
bassani is a good company. Like the saying is, "you get what you pay for."

i have the bassani ss axlebacks with the offroad xpipe. love that rasp/rumble.

But i have a set of kooks LTs with there offroad xpipe waiting to go in when i do everything else on Aug 22nd :)

Im currently selling my bassani Offroad Xpipe if you are interested.

·
Registered
285 Posts
H pipe H pipe H pipe!!! :D

I'm currently running the stock exhaust. The Bassini's look nice... But they are quite expensive for just mufflers. :scratchchin
surf craigslist!! i bought mine for 200 from a guy who sold his mustang and pretty much removed all aftermarket parts to make it stock. always some good deals

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

But i have a set of kooks LTs with there offroad xpipe waiting to go in when i do everything else on Aug 22nd :)

I'd love the Offroad pipe but I need the Cats. Don't suppose that's the modular unit? That was one reason why I was leaning more towards the Bassani set up, the idea of having the modular catted setup for road and catless setup for race is pretty appealing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd love the Offroad pipe but I need the Cats. Don't suppose that's the modular unit? That was one reason why I was leaning more towards the Bassani set up, the idea of having the modular catted setup for road and catless setup for race is pretty appealing.
Their cats are pretty nice too. I have the complete SS setup (axlebacks and catted x-pipe). I get comments on it all the time. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have LT's too or is that designed to bolt to the factory manifolds?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you! Now I need to start working on the zoom factor!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts

I have the Bassani X pipe on my Shelby and they do make good stuff! And can I add...Mr Bassani throws a mean party (what the heck does he put in that punch)!!

I run Kooks and Maganflow on the GT.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have the Bassani X pipe on my Shelby and they do make good stuff! And can I add...Mr Bassani throws a mean party (what the heck does he put in that punch)!!

I run Kooks and Maganflow on the GT.
yes bassani is a very well trusted Brand. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
i do have the Bassani SS xpipe that has the cats and offroad legs. thats the one im selling, the only thing though, i used the cats for my SVT Lightning whe i threw new LTs on her.

BUt im selling the bassani SS universal as a offroad pipe. IF you wnated to alls you would need to do are order some Cats from Bassani. Just an idea, instead of buying the hole setup, u could jsut buy cats n buy my midpipe setup.

like i said, its the Universal midpipe just i took the cats and used them on my Lightning.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, the Comcast techs were out today but they fail at their job as they refused to replace my modem and my internet is still only working 50/50. Got a call in to have them replace it for sure on Tuesday, so no videos until then. :(

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
lol im a sub contractor for comcast.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hehe no offense to other Comcast techs :) I've been a network admin for the past 7 years so I've done my fair share of network troubleshooting. The first day I called for support I knew it was my modem that needed to be replaced but it seems that (at least the people I talked to) they are less likely to fix something if you think you know what the problem is. They saw a semi-weak signal so they replaced all of my splitters and coax cable to the modem and declared the problem fixed... as soon as I play a round of COD4 on my X-box, connection craps out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.