Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting one of these. My friend has one on his '01 and it gives it a cool whistling noise. Nothing complicated about the install either, anyone have one?

·
Registered
914 Posts
I have considerded it as well but shall probably buy it from another company. I had originally purchased a lot of MMR's products including their SCT Xcal w/tunes, CAI and UD Pulleys - my opinion is this - if you are building a car just for the track then use their stuff. It works, but in a brutal sort of way. I have found products from other companies to be much more refined and drivable since this is my daily driver. My C&L intake and Alternative Auto tunes are WAY better than the MMR set, and for about the same price.

Also, when I started buying from them last year their service and responsiveness was great - but as of late it has pretty much sucked.

You can also find spacers at www.rpmoutlet.com They are a litle more money there, but if you look at the details, they seem to have a better design to them.

Also, some of MMR's claims on HP gains are a bit over the top (I know, I know - what a surprise from any company :winks )

Good luck.

·
Registered
767 Posts
This is kind of the same thing that jiobao said, but not as gracefully....

The MMR does not look like it supposed to. There doesn't appear to be any type of tooling in the holes of it. All it appears to do is lengthen the intake velocity distance to the plenium. The Jet throttle body spacer looks completely different. There are grooves in the holes that supposedly cause the air to swirel in to the plenium instead of just sort of tumbling in.

Not going to get in to the whole "it works" or "it's a rip off" conversation that everyone has on this product. All I will say is I own one. It produced zero difference on a dyno, but made a night and day difference in the throttle lag issue I was experiencing.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I put the JET TBS the day after I brought my car home. Obviously I can't compare with stock, but I have yet to experience any Lag. TBS?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts