Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come up with this plan, and would like some feedback, thanx.

1. C & L intake, or the carbon fiber one, from Modular Depot.

2. SCT 2 tuner, with 3 Different Tunes. A. Stock
B. 93 Octane, X-pipe.
C. 93 Octane, stock h-pipe.

3. I already have an aluminized X-pipe, from UPR.

Questions. 1. I had the x-pipe on for a short period and there was alot of vibration and harshness, was this more tuning or because it isnt stainless steel?
2. If the computer tune is changed to raise performance, and then changed back, can the warranty man a ford tell this has been done?Void Warranty?

I am going to have to wait til after chirstmas, but hopefully not too long after! :drool: Thanx again for all input.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I say go which ever CAI looks the best cause measuring performance out of them is so small of a difference that it might mean it's just the weather change!

You can change the tune of your car and then put it back to factory so easy!! It takes less then 2 minutes and your ford man won't ever know if you change it back to stock.

The X-pipe is loud imo... I wanna hear what a prochamber sounds like!!!!

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Tunable Inductions CAI with X-Cal-2 and Custom Tune (free!) from MD/Ken!!

The ProChamber is muck deeper and louder than the X! I love the sound but I think my neighbors might not...

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Leaving early

kj_cinci said:
The ProChamber is much deeper and louder than the X! I love the sound but I think my neighbors might not...
I leave for work about 4:30AM. I wonder what the neighbors will think when I drive the GT out, as quiet as I can with the new exhaust. RUMBLE RUMBLE "sorry, shhhhh"

The old neighbor ladies know everything I do. They know my hours better than I and who I see and when. They probably will do their biddy dance when they see the car. "Waste of money, if you ask me."

I would say "Ya' ole crone, you wouldn't think it was a waste if you still had any hormones left... and send your daughter over. We'll see what she thinks."

When I test drove the demo, the salesman went out to start it and it shook the windows, in the dealership :eyepoppin Yeah baby.

-David

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I'm very happy with my sound now from the headers with X and back to the JBAs! Just perfect, not much extra at low RPMs and race car tunes coming up there.... Only thing to be careful of is when she's cold... she's loud, idling like a V12, and perform like one too... have to pace myself reversing out getting going in he mornings...:evillol:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx, for all the feedback! :thumbup

Anyone know about exhaust pipe material, is it just that stainless lasts longer, or is there more noise/vibration control? I got alot of grumbling from the front of the car when i had the x on previously. thanx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.