Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a site that reviews various mods, particularly those for the V6?

I'm thinking about getting a CAI and a header (something to give the exhaust more of a "growl") some time down the road. I'm new to all this and, as such, have no idea what's a good product and what's not.

Any advice would be more than welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was sort of hoping for something a bit more organized and "user friendly." Ideally, I don't want to have to click through hundreds of posts to find the info that I need.

But if that's what I have to do, then that's what I'll do.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Yossarian said:
Well I was sort of hoping for something a bit more organized and "user friendly." Ideally, I don't want to have to click through hundreds of posts to find the info that I need.

But if that's what I have to do, then that's what I'll do.
Well, here's were my research led me...

CAI - Went with the MMR with High Tube... Not the cheapest... but performs well and looks about the best... IMHO....

Best Bang for the Buck so far. SCT X-Cal2. Made a night and day difference in my car. It gets rid of the very annoying hesitation when you press on the gas! (this is especially true if you have that auto)

Exhaust... Already have headers (they come stock)... I went with the Magnaflow "Straight Through" Single Cat back.... Lot of guys are running the JBA Cat-Back.... My research found that unless you are doing some serious modding to your V6 you really don't gain anything by going to a dual exhaust... (either Y-Pipe or a True dual with an H-Pipe)... The stock muffler is incredibly restrictive and quiet... any aftermarket muffler will sound better... I went with Magnaflow because it's 100% stainless with a 3.5 inch tip... the MAC is stainless but is a 4 inch tip.. (thought the 4 inch might be a bit much... LOL!) I really like the Magnaflow though...

With those 3 mods I put down 202RWHP / 218RWTQ... Stock auto is about 175RWHP...

·
Registered
483 Posts
The September 2005 issue of 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords has a nice, somewhat comprehensive, insert that lists dozens and dozens of mods (with convenient descriptions and vender information) for the 05 Mustang.

It's on the shelves now.

~MO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts