Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What do you think?

Here lately I have been debating If I should go ahead and start modding my 02 GT or sell it and buy a stang already modded.

The list of mods I have planned on the 02:

Stainless Magnaflow Magnapack Catback
BBK Long Tube Ceramic Coated Headers
BBK X pipe
FFRPP 3.73 gers
Raptor Shift Light-
Accufab 75mm tb & Plenum
Procharger D-1sc kit with 3 core sheetmetal cooler-
Aviator Fuel Pump-
60lbs injectors-
Electric Fuel Pressure Gauge-Autometer C2
Electric Boost Gauge-Autometer C2
Digital Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge-Autometer C2

Cost of car= $13,250
Cost of mods above= $10,000
Total Invested for a 400rwhp car= $23,250

or should I scrap that idea and buy this:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ng=&cardist=100

I am looking for better performance. Would I be better off selling and buying the 93 or modding the 02? What kind of hp and times does a supercharged 93 put down?

G

·
Foxes are def cool and i want one again in the future, but i pondered this question before. Give up my slow low mileage 98 for a fox or keep it. For now since i cant afford to break stuff and rebuild it i am gonna keep the 98. I think 4.6s while more expensive to work on and harder, seem to be more reliable, imo.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
That Fox isn't worth 10,500 and you will make more than 400 rwhp with a D1SC. Keep the 02.

·
Registered
701 Posts
dallas02GT said:

What do you think?

Here lately I have been debating If I should go ahead and start modding my 02 GT or sell it and buy a stang already modded.

The list of mods I have planned on the 02:

Stainless Magnaflow Magnapack Catback
BBK Long Tube Ceramic Coated Headers
BBK X pipe
FFRPP 3.73 gers
Raptor Shift Light-
Accufab 75mm tb & Plenum
Procharger D-1sc kit with 3 core sheetmetal cooler-
Aviator Fuel Pump-
60lbs injectors-
Electric Fuel Pressure Gauge-Autometer C2
Electric Boost Gauge-Autometer C2
Digital Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge-Autometer C2

Cost of car= $13,250
Cost of mods above= $10,000
Total Invested for a 400rwhp car= $23,250

or should I scrap that idea and buy this:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ng=&cardist=100

I am looking for better performance. Would I be better off selling and buying the 93 or modding the 02? What kind of hp and times does a supercharged 93 put down?

Dallas02

You have a really nice list there with all the mods you would like to do - I say go with the mods, because it is fun working on cars!

Back in the days when I was still driving a SAAB 9000 Aero, I had way to much of time but no cash. Those days were probabely among my best; hanging out with my buddies lying under the car until 2 o'clock in the morning, etc. just a good time.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'd keep the 02... While i like the older fox bodies with the 302... Personally, i'd like the gratification of building it, and to feel the differance with each mod, then to have someone give me the built car..but that's just me

·
Registered
437 Posts
xxkazp3rxx said:
I'd keep the 02... While i like the older fox bodies with the 302... Personally, i'd like the gratification of building it, and to feel the differance with each mod, then to have someone give me the built car..but that's just me
I agree, you'll get much more enjoyment out of the 02 knowing that you built it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i agree with what everyone else said ! keep what you got . nothing personal, but if i was looking at fox it would have to have more than just super charger for 10k ! it simple just don't have enough information, even if it was priced a $4500 imo ! thats just my 2 cents ! why not just sell your car and find an 03 or 04 cobra ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.