Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a really stupid idea, but:

Has anyone considered a way to modify the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel to control the radio instead?

Like I said, it might be stupid, but I'm still curious.

~Mo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Don't know if it is resonable. I'm sure you could somehow do it with enough work/money and didn't mind ripping up the entire dash and column and completely mess with your electrical system, but it probably would be impractical.

Cool idea though, as I almost never use the cruise either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Next time you think of something like THAT go to a movie, wash you car. Or get a girlfriend/boyfriend
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
theyogawarrior said:
Next time you think of something like THAT go to a movie, wash you car. Or get a girlfriend/boyfriend
:evilchuck LOL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Thanks INDY for the laugh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Freestar

The Ford Freestar has a steering wheel that controls the stereo (which looks exactly like the Mustang's), so perhaps you could order a Freestar wheel and rig it up. Might look a little bizarre:yakyak: .
:drink:

:jester: :jester: :jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
theyogawarrior said:
Next time you think of something like THAT go to a movie, wash you car. Or get a girlfriend/boyfriend
LMAO.. that's the problem... I'm already married!
AND I'm washing this thing constantly, trying to keep the black BLACK!

Also, what you may not realize (if you haven't had a vehicle with radio controls mounted on the wheel) is that being able to change the radio station back to the one I WANT, while she's trying to change it to the one SHE wants, is priceless.

~Mo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Lr

Moses said:
This may be a really stupid idea, but:

Has anyone considered a way to modify the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel to control the radio instead?

Like I said, it might be stupid, but I'm still curious.

~Mo
I know some Land Rovers have switches on the steering wheel like that- left set radio, right set cruise. Anything's possible. That Freestar idea sounds worth looking into, but i would prepare myself for an interesting foray into wiring nightmares.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,170 Posts
Moses said:
LMAO.. that's the problem... I'm already married!
AND I'm washing this thing constantly, trying to keep the black BLACK!

Also, what you may not realize (if you haven't had a vehicle with radio controls mounted on the wheel) is that being able to change the radio station back to the one I WANT, while she's trying to change it to the one SHE wants, is priceless.

~Mo
Each of you get your own ipod :laughlitt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
In the many times I had the Stang in the shop fixin this and that I had a few rentals (dealer provided for free by the way).

I noticed that the Focus has this pod that screws onto the steering column that controls the radio. The radio looks like a shaker clone by the way so I wonder if it would just be easier to install that pod as apposed to replacing your cruise control buttons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
first thing I didn't like was no radio controls on the steering wheel! so... I totally understand the desire. A few of my other cars have it and I keep reaching for the wheel in the stang to adjust the cd/radio/etc. and shut off the cruise hahaha. Hmmmm, maybe my '06 will have it...

Russ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
im glad i helped,
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top