Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

What models and rims are used in the new mustang commercial? Here it is: YouTube - Ford Mustang 2011 V6.0 - TV Commercial I thought they were the MCA rims, but I guess I'm wrong. Looks like a premium package w/ MCA grille, sometimes with a plain grill. Is that the sterling grey metallic with the HID lights?

Is that package located in the video still above possible to order?

I owned an 87 GT 5.0 12 years ago. I've had a VW GTI for the past 7.

I'll be in the market for a new mustang soon.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think this is the DUB edition that's coming out later. The first one is the DUB edition in Sterling Gray. The second one is the MCA in Ingot Silver. The black one I think is also the DUB edition.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I think its this car.. Its available now! This is Wolfy63's car, you might want to PM him.

BTW, I would just like to point out... This is the most bada$$ 6 cyl Mustang I have ever seen!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. It's a little odd that they feature most of the commercial with a car that is not even available. That sterling grey metallic model sliding all over the place is the one I want.
The silver MCA is nice. Though the grey car's features are accentuated. I did see the black dub edition in other photos, and that is not my style. Is the grey car really the dub edition?

Thanks for posting the new picture. I wish I could see the front. I'll search for threads confirming this. Maybe it is available.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks. It's a little odd that they feature most of the commercial with a car that is not even available. That sterling grey metallic model sliding all over the place is the one I want.
The silver MCA is nice. Though the grey car's features are accentuated. I did see the black dub edition in other photos, and that is not my style. Is the grey car really the dub edition?
I'm pretty sure the grey is the DUB because the DUB one has the roush front fascia and black wheels, which is the one they're showing in the video.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I think its this car.. Its available now! This is Wolfy63's car, you might want to PM him.

BTW, I would just like to point out... This is the most bada$$ 6 cyl Mustang I have ever seen!
But is that an automatic I see? That takes the "most bada$$" right out of it entirely.

·
Registered
901 Posts
But is that an automatic I see? That takes the "most bada$$" right out of it entirely.
You got me there! If that was the V6 with the performance package it would be the best. The only time I like an automatic trans is when I'm sitting in traffic...

·
Registered
516 Posts
The Front Fascia used in the Commercial is the Roush Front Fascia with optional front splitter. Then it also has the side scoops that the California Special has.

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Doesn't Ford have a new V6 package fixing to come out called "mayhem"?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts

·
Banned
109 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
If you're talking about the sterling gray one that is in most of the commercial, I beg to differ. If they are a Ford wheel, I'd bet they're these...

I'd love a set. :bigthumbsup The rest of the car looks like it has Roush parts installed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question about your Mustang.

Wolfy...what size, color and brand are the rims on your stang? I too have a 2011 Sterling Grey Mustang and am looking to replace the stock rims. Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looks to me like they are the stock MCA rims - so 18" and I believe the colour is 'Graphite' Gray.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts