Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have since looked at my budget and decided since I have 4 kids, I am only going to do moderate upgrades to my 90LX 5.0L. That being said, with my tax money this year I want to get rims and tiresn I am going to do a Trick Flow upper kit for the engine next year, and paint and body in 08. And I will more than likely do the suppension with the Eibach Pro System Plus along the way.

Since I am going to get 17x9 rims this year and I am not going to put much into the engine, I want to stay with the 4 lug setup. What can I do with the brakes and retain the 4 lugs? Can I get better braking power with the 73mm Mark VII calipers and do a rear disc brake conversion while retaining the 4 lugs?

I did a search on the Mark VII brake upgrade, but I could not find anything saying whether or now it was on the stock spindles!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
i believe the mark 7 calipers are on the stock spindles. to go with rear discs and retain the stock four lug setup you will need parts from an 88 thunderbird turbo coupe. that being said you need the calipers, rotors, axles and lines from the thunderbird. preferably the whole rear axle.
http://www.mustangmotorsport.com/

a good site dealing with brake upgrades

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
lets think here.
youre not going with much of a power increase, so is extreme braking really all that necessary? the stock brakes STOP the car... better than most other cars to be honest. i know it doesnt seem that great for a sports car, but the 87-93's stop pretty quick in my opinion. i dont think you need to waste money on rear disc. if anything, maybe some stainless lines for durability, and the svo/ 1991 lincoln mark VII calipers for the front discs. that really should do it.

just my opinion though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Powerslot rotors, Hawke brake pads, braided stainless-steel brake lines, new brake fluid and paint the calipers for the front. Raybestos HD shoes in the rear and paint the drums. Improved the braking on my pony very nicely for under $300 and installed easily.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
If you mean Trickflow heads and intake, that's a bit more than moderate. If you mean just the intake, you could make a better choice..........

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mean the kit. Intake, heads, cam, timing chain/cover... By moderate I mean I am not going for anything over 300HP. I just want alittle more umph!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.