Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>Twokingsracer<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_272435", true); </SCRIPT>
Site Moderator

<!--/forums/images/garage.gif--></TD><TD class=alt1><!-- message -->First of all as moderator I want to point out that this forum is about road racing. Not street racing. Street racing is not only illegal, its deadly. We at AFM neither condone nor encourage street racing. Sorry but I'm locking this thread.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
'97 GT with 80mm C&L MAF, C&LTrue-Flow inlet tube, MAC 70m TB, K&N filter in the fender, Superchip, 180 thermo, B&M Ripper Shifter, King Cobra Clutch, FRPP aluminum quad/adj cable, MAC O/R H pipe, MIL's, Flows w/dumps, TMD aluminum U/D pullies, Granatelli Solid U/L control arms, FRPP 4.10's, Screamin' Demon coil packs, Steeda full length SFC's (welded in), and 17" polished aluminum Cobra wheels with BFG/Toyo tires. On the way, alum. flywheel/driveshaft and MM tubular F/E components.
<!-- / sig --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Am I missing something here? What are 99% of the "Member Kill Stories" about?????

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Well lets see here . That thread was locked almost a year ago . we didn't even have a kill stories forum then . Secondly , this is the road racers forum ie; track/open track sanctioned events . We do now have a kill stories forum , but this is not it .

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fordgazm said:
Well lets see here . That thread was locked almost a year ago . we didn't even have a kill stories forum then . Secondly , this is the road racers forum ie; track/open track sanctioned events . We do now have a kill stories forum , but this is not it .
Don't think you have really answered the question! I know this is the sanctioned event etc section, however it is a part of the AFM forums.

So by introducing a Member Kill Section where illegal street racing is clearly the topic of discussion without Moderator intervention, does AFM now condone illegal street racing??? (put this in whatever forum section you like the question still stands)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fordgazm said:
MMMMM. Just checked some dates. The thread was actually locked in January this year.(7 months ago) Kill stories are dated back to March 2004, so you clearly had a Kill Stories forum.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
huh got me there . Anyway does AFM condone street racing ? Well we dont encourage it . But street racing is going to happen anyhow . we just have a forum for people to post their stories in . a kill could also be on a track somewhere , but I'm sure most are on the street . street racing is probably one of the most contriversial ( sp ) topics when it comes to cars . I personally dont like it and dont participate in it . I did when I was younger , but I'm a little wiser now ( I think so anyway ;) ) Anyhow it happens . we have a forum for it so take it anyway you would like . I'll send this to the site owner and maybe he can give you a better answer .

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Besides, if you post within a thread decrying street racing you get threatened by Moderators about flaming and thus you being banned. :worship

Let the complete idiots that brag abouth street racing but could not fine their asses with both hands have their day!...and forum. :handball:

That might be all from me! :winks

G

·
Well is'nt this a great topic. One with no winners, at least from our point of view.

Jason answered it about right. While AFM does not condone or encourage street racing, we are a community dedicated to all Ford Mustang enthusiasts, and as an extension of that, dedicated to providing members of our community with a place to discuss all aspects of their mustang hobby. Like it or not, agree or disagree, there are mustangers, some more than others, that do get involved in the occasional street race and want to discuss it in our forums.

We know this because the reality is since the very beginnings of this site, this topic has been an ongoing and difficult problem for our moderator team to deal with. There are those who clearly want to discuss this topic and others that are adamantly opposed to it. This is quite evident from the constant and continual postings on this topic and the resulting issues those posts create with other members and our moderator team.

Case in point: As fast66 pointed out, there are threads in the kill section that date back well before the kill forum was ever created. These “moved” threads, along with many others on this topic which have since been deleted, were continually being posted throughout our forums, particularly in the lounge sections, by members wanting to discuss this topic. When members posted these threads in our other forums, they often served as a source of frction and flaming between members in support of street racing and those adamently opposed to it.

Our decision to create the kill forum is one based on how best to manage those threads and members who do want to discuss this topic while at the same time, reduce the friction, arguments and problems they presented to our other members and moderator team. We recognise some members may consider having a kill forum, is in fact condoning street racing but from our perspective, it is a compromised solution to face a reality we have to deal with, as part of managing this community site.

While I am sure there are those of you who disagree with our decision, I at least hope you can appreciate the difficulty this issue presents to us managing this site and recognise our best efforts in dealing with it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Appologies for stirring up a topic that no doubt has been discussed and debated many times over, and thanks for the well thought out responses. I guess people are going to post these stories anyway (as scott halliday says) If they cant do it here they will somewhere else to do it.
I've just seen too many steet races end in disaster. I don't care if the racers get hurt, they know the risks, its when an innocent person get caught up in it which is wrong.
I too have done my fair share of idiotic behavior when i was a lot younger, but back then, a 16sec quarter was fast, and full wheelspin on gear changes only occured in the wet. It was a lot harder to lose control when 200 horses was big.

Put this one to bed?

·
Registered
916 Posts
I would like to mention a couple of things......

First, I'm not sure what the point was to "point" out the contrast, other then to cause trouble in some way. But, with that said, there are a couple explanations about things.

Second, AFM is always changing, and we decided to put up a member kill section, because, like it or not, the majority of Mustang owners have the occasional stop light race. It is obvious the thread you quoted was from long ago, prior to our member kill section and our change of mind.

That being said, the Kill Forum is not all about illegal street racing. they are simply interesting stories about racing. On the track or on the street. It is not for us to play the good sense police and censor what we don't think is safe on the street. Stories, true or not are just fun. We just bring you the information and try to keep it civil. If you want to read it or not, is up to you. Or if you agree or disagree is up to you. Like a news station, "we report, you decide". We don't make it up, we just allow the members to put it out there for others to read.

In contrast to the "Road Racers Corner" forum, this forum is clearly about serious on track racing. A major difference that we believe most people can see.and understand.

99.9 percent of people on the street exceed the speed limit at some point, the better question may be, where to draw the line, and we aren't here to do that for you.

Enjoy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.