Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any comments on the recent article in MM on aligment problems after lowering a car. I've read several threads on how good the car looks but no mention of excessive tire wear or such. I am looking at the Ford racing lowering package. Mustangs on twisting roads are a lot of fun.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
It's generally accepted that when you add lowering springs, you will need either camber bolts or plates to correct alignment. Once aligned to spec, there shouldn't be any tire wear issues. The only other consideration is the rear suspension geometry after lowering.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Never had an issue with mine. Key is to get everything back to within specs immediately.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I went with the Ford Racing Handling Package. Its pricey and there is definitely cheaper routes. But I wanted my lowering experience to be as hassle free as possible. So I called my local ford dealer and 2 days later it was installed. The difference is like night and day. I love it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I went with the Ford Racing Handling Package. Its pricey and there is definitely cheaper routes. But I wanted my lowering experience to be as hassle free as possible. So I called my local ford dealer and 2 days later it was installed. The difference is like night and day. I love it.

Too bad you didn't try just the springs first, then the shocks after, to note the difference.

I wonder how the upgraded Ford shocks compare with some other brand like Tokico D-specs?

I am replacing the Eibach Sportline sprigs with Ford's (technically Eibach Pros), just not sure which set to pick up, and what the difference is from stock.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Roush Springs

I don't read alot about the roush set-up for lowering your car. They have a complete Stage 2 pkg, and just the springs as well. Has anyone tried them?:headscratch:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Okay, I finally got around to replacing the Eibach Sportlines with Pros in front and got some photos for anyone interested in doing this. First photo is the stock spring; from one coil end to the other, it's 16". Next up is the Ford Racing spring upgrade (i.e. Eibach Pros), with 13" from end to end. Third is the Sportline which is 12.5" end to end. Hope this helps anyone thinking about lowering their car.

The last photo is the Steeda caster/camber plates. You will need something like this if you lower your car. Ahhhh. no more noise in the front! It's back to sounding like a new car again (thanks to Troon).

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
IMHO, the Eibach Pros added the perfect amount of negative camber to enhance the vehicle's road racing ability. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
For under $300 bucks in parts (I will install myself), This might be my first perforance mod. And since My stang is a Roush, I'm probably going with Roush springs. Riddle me this! The Roush Stage 2, 3, 427R and 428R all have the suspension package but none of them have camber plates. Is there enough factory adjustment to allow for being just 1 inch lower?

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
No there isn't any adjustment from stock. I don't know if they mod the struts for adjustment, or use camber bolts. You could always call and ask.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I will probably contact them when the mod time comes! I have emailed Roush a few times in the past and though I love their products, the answers are short and have very minimal info!

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I will probably contact them when the mod time comes! I have emailed Roush a few times in the past and though I love their products, the answers are short and have very minimal info!
That the perfect reason to call, unless they hang up on you :headscratch:

·
Registered
312 Posts
I sent Roush an email about needing an alignment when using the Roush suspension package. They said that when lowering 1.25" or less re-alignment only requires adjusting the Toe. Should be set to .003 -.004.

CK

·
Registered
43 Posts
I used the Eibach pro kit and I have 18 inch wheels and the only thing that needed to be corrected was the toe...and it wasn't off that bad at all. a 40 to 45 series tire looks great with this drop kit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am not sure of the adjustments as I hear different things from people but I would go with the above advise. My only recommendation is do not just install the springs. Like most low riders or ricers who do this, they ride will go bad after a few months to a year. The stock shocks and struts cant compensate for the lower ride albeit 1-1.5", giving you a bad ride over time. Do both at the same time and maybe even chassis stiffening as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.