Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I have a 2002 V6 Mustang and I have a CAI and going to get a new exhaust system put in on my next payday. I was wondering. What other mods can I put on my ride without having to do expensive changes to the guts of the motor?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
There are also underdrive pullies and a tuner.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
What's not so expensive to you? I would just save for gears + tuner kit as this will give you the most performance on a limited budget. After that I would get duals, a o/r mid pipe and pulleys as this will help your car out with some decent performance gains. Get nitrous if you want some big power:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
770 Posts
Save your money for gears and T-lock...

Are you an automatic? Or a manual?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Great suggestions.

But also as asked.... what is your budget? And what are your goals? Do you simply want more power, or do you want better performance? Budget and goals will dictate what mods you should do and in what order.

·
Registered
770 Posts
What if your goals are for more power AND better performance?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Gears give you a great bump in performance and driving pleasure without getting into the gut of the motor. Have a pro put them in with a t-lok.

I have a 96 V6. I had 3.73 Gears and a T-lok installed. Helped the driving pleasure a lot. I did not loose any MPG even on the interstate. Seems like it just moved the rpm's into a better power band.

Hey, I just noticed you are from Colorado Springs, COOL!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.