Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey forum,
I've had my 2012 Mustang for a few months now and i've been loving every minute but been the grease monkey I am, I've starting changing some of the stock parts. I still want to keep my warrenty so I'm not doing any serious engine modifications or programmers; I do however want to get the most out of my 'stang. All I've done so far is an Airaid CAI which has worked beautifully. What I'm looking at now is catback exhaust and lowering springs. Since I dont have a shop but like to do things myself my logic is doing these at the same time. Since you have to lower the rear axel to switch the springs, I'm hoping that will allow me to pull the stock pipes without having to cut them and install the new pipes without a lift. For springs the Ford Racing K-Springs look good and exhaust I'm looking at American Thunder 3" stainless catbacks. What are your thoughts/concerns/advice on this idea?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good idea to do both at the same time, me and my buddy put my catback on in my garage and we had to drop the rear end to get the stock catback out and the new one in. We didn't have to cut it but did require a bit of finagling

·
Registered
645 Posts
Definitely do it all at once. Should be easy since you will have the axel dropped already. Enjoy and remember a case of beer makes everything fit better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts