Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i recently bought a 97 gt and i was wondering what the best and cheapest things to get hp would be. I'm not looking to do everything at once so the money situation isnt really to big of a deal. But i still want my car to be a good reliable daily driver. Any opinions? thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Buddy,

I think you can change your spark plug wires for a Ford Racing 9mm and also install a cold air intake

You can find excellent things and prices in eBay Motors

Good Luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i would put a better gear in the car first off, like a 3.73, then a cold air intake, bigger throttle body, headers, and exhaust. that would easily get you in the high 8's in the 1/8th mile. down the road i would definately recommend geting the p.i. heads for it. they came stock on 1999 and up GT's, they make a big improvement. and if you want you could put under drive pulleys also, they'll give you an extra 10- 15hp.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm still learning as I go(with the Stang), Welcome to RPM Outlet has some really cool packages and IMO they are priced pretty well. I'm sourcing a local dyno machine so I can do pulls and verify their claims. I always gotta see to believe, er, seeing is believing? anywhoo, welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your GT!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.