Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some down time this morning at work and put together my "wish list" for modifications on my 2003 Termy. Thanks to all of you out there who gave your input which helped me make my decision to put together this list. I have made the list in the order that I intend of having everything installed:

1. Bassani X-Pipe w/cats (not taking the chance here in MA of getting pulled over with the off road pipe)
2. Diablo Sport Predator Tuner
3. 2.8" Pulley for the S/C
4. Steggy Stage IV Port and Throttle Body Plenum

I checked into the cost and it looks like it will be about $1600 for a conservative estimated 140 HP gain. I will be doing all the installation myself and I hope to have everything in before the end of this summer. I can't wait to see the dyno numbers!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
all sound like great mods!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Should do a lower pulley as well. There is a chart on SVT performance that shows you boost levels of differen't pulley combo's. Don't remember exactly where it is though :headscratch:

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
If you go over a 2lb lower though, you'll need to get a pulley for your alternator too, you'll over spin it.
Mods sound pretty good though. Update us when your get it all done:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, will do! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
331 Posts
that hp number sounds high? 140 hp gain from where you are now? my 03 has TB,cai,hi flow cats, flow masters. 2.80 pulley Lt headers and a tune and made 456rwhp. A ported intake and you are gonna make 409 rwhp + (140fwhp-20%)=112rwhp = 521rwhp. That means a 65 rwhp or 78 fwhp pick up from a ported intake. Thats a little far fetched.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Keep the lower pulley stock til you really want to start modding, it isn't needed YET! I would FOR sure get a used unmarried Predator and save up to $200 dollars! That combo will give you over 500 RWHP with ease!! Hey limp1969 Stiegemeier did a Dyno test on a Bone Stock 03 Cobra and got 374 RWHP 364 TRQ, then the next pulls were simply adding their Blower Port (Not the Plenum) Eaton with the Stock pulley setup(different air filter) generating the same 9 lbs of boost as the first Dyno pulls, it screamed to 422-381, close to 50HP, NICE!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that hp number sounds high? 140 hp gain from where you are now? my 03 has TB,cai,hi flow cats, flow masters. 2.80 pulley Lt headers and a tune and made 456rwhp. A ported intake and you are gonna make 409 rwhp + (140fwhp-20%)=112rwhp = 521rwhp. That means a 65 rwhp or 78 fwhp pick up from a ported intake. Thats a little far fetched.
The 140 HP I am estimating is at the flywheel that's why I didn't say RWHP. My estimated HP gain is based on each individual mod's HP quoted HP increase, for example:

X Pipe 15-20 HP
Diablo Tune 40 HP
Pulley 17-20 HP
Steggy Port and Plenum 60 HP

I hope this clears things up.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The 140 HP I am estimating is at the flywheel that's why I didn't say RWHP. My estimated HP gain is based on each individual mod's HP quoted HP increase, for example:

X Pipe 15-20 HP
Diablo Tune 40 HP
Pulley 17-20 HP
Steggy Port and Plenum 60 HP

I hope this clears things up.
the ratings by a manufacture are not what they seem. If you put a pulley on with no cai or exhaust then install a cai or exhaust that is the numbers they will post. But all together it will not add up the same.
If i added up the hp quotes for the mods I have done on my 9 gt it would be a 300 hp car but its no where close. They ly to sell their products. You can look at what i am saying in rwhp or fwhp it still does not add up. If I did porting on my 03 I would not see the extra power they claim.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Those numbers a Generous ABSOLUTE Best Case scenario!
Your not gonna get that much combined!

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
the ratings by a manufacture are not what they seem. If you put a pulley on with no cai or exhaust then install a cai or exhaust that is the numbers they will post. But all together it will not add up the same.
If i added up the hp quotes for the mods I have done on my 9 gt it would be a 300 hp car but its no where close. They ly to sell their products. You can look at what i am saying in rwhp or fwhp it still does not add up. If I did porting on my 03 I would not see the extra power they claim.
I agree limp1969, when you put stuff like Catbacks on you feel a little seat in the pants difference but come on you don't get 25 HP from them like claims say!
I will have to disagree though on your feelings about Steg, they will get you the claimed numbers if it takes them weeks of technical assistance to get it dialed in right! This is the best costwise Mod besides pulleys for the Terminator, just looking at pics of their port work and how much they open that Eaton up should convince anyone!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I understand that my estimates are on the high side, one can hope right? I can be realistic here with the expected gains, even if I manage close to 100 HP gain I will be supremely satisfied.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I'm Very confident you'll crack 500 RWHP and with a GOOD tune you'll be ALL SET, your sled will be pulling SO HARD!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's the goal my friend!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.