Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some down time this morning at work and put together my "wish list" for modifications on my 2003 Termy. Thanks to all of you out there who gave your input which helped me make my decision to put together this list. I have made the list in the order that I intend of having everything installed:

1. Bassani X-Pipe w/cats (not taking the chance here in MA of getting pulled over with the off road pipe)
2. Diablo Sport Predator Tuner
3. 2.8" Pulley for the S/C
4. Steggy Stage IV Port and Throttle Body Plenum

I checked into the cost and it looks like it will be about $1600 for a conservative estimated 140 HP gain. I will be doing all the installation myself and I hope to have everything in before the end of this summer. I can't wait to see the dyno numbers!

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, will do! :bigthumbsup

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that hp number sounds high? 140 hp gain from where you are now? my 03 has TB,cai,hi flow cats, flow masters. 2.80 pulley Lt headers and a tune and made 456rwhp. A ported intake and you are gonna make 409 rwhp + (140fwhp-20%)=112rwhp = 521rwhp. That means a 65 rwhp or 78 fwhp pick up from a ported intake. Thats a little far fetched.
The 140 HP I am estimating is at the flywheel that's why I didn't say RWHP. My estimated HP gain is based on each individual mod's HP quoted HP increase, for example:

X Pipe 15-20 HP
Diablo Tune 40 HP
Pulley 17-20 HP
Steggy Port and Plenum 60 HP

I hope this clears things up.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I understand that my estimates are on the high side, one can hope right? I can be realistic here with the expected gains, even if I manage close to 100 HP gain I will be supremely satisfied.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's the goal my friend!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.