Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and have not done anything to my 05 Mustang.I have been reading this forum and others for a few months to get a feel for what others are doing. In your opinion is the Powerdyne S/C or any S/C worth looking into instead of going with the typical mods: CAI, exhaust, UDP,gears? I am not to excited about voiding my warranty especially since I purchased the extended Warr. To be safe would you reccommend just doing the typical mods? I am not looking to go to the drag strip but would like to let others know (STI owner) that I can keep up. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
897 Posts
check THIS out if you're worried about STI's :tongue

That was a 13.4 sec. run. Yes the driver of the STI bogged off the line. The only way to launch an STI is to sidestep the clutch at 5,000rpm or more. This is why the average STI driver can't match the numbers the magazines have published.

Look at my sig for my mods. The headers, pulleys, and drag radials weren't on the car for that run.

·
Registered
897 Posts
colljo said:
Which mods can I get the most HP out of?
A tuner and Cold Air Intake first. about 30hp for around $600

A set of Steeda Underdrive Pulleys 10hp for $200

A set of longtube headers with cats 25hp for anywhere from $600-$1500 depending on quality.

A set of gears which doesn't give you HP but allows the car to accelerate quicker.
$150-$250 for the gears $300+ for install.

I would only use FRPP gears (personal preference). I'd do 4.10's or 4.30's for a manual car and 3.73 or 4.10's for an auto.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
OR !!!

Find a certified Saleen, Rouch or FRPP shop and have them throw it all on to keep your (extended) warranty...

Thump above know what's going on but I'd like to add that a SC is an easy way to cheat and get the most power out... pricey though... and Powerdyne is prolly not the way to go, especially if you wanna keep your warranty... Saleen, Rouch, FRPP (Whipple/KB) for +$5K plus install ~$1-2K I guess is the way you'd need to go...

·
Registered
897 Posts
kj_cinci said:
OR !!!

Find a certified Saleen, Rouch or FRPP shop and have them throw it all on to keep your (extended) warranty...

Thump above know what's going on but I'd like to add that a SC is an easy way to cheat and get the most power out... pricey though... and Powerdyne is prolly not the way to go, especially if you wanna keep your warranty... Saleen, Rouch, FRPP (Whipple/KB) for +$5K plus install ~$1-2K I guess is the way you'd need to go...
Don't get me wrong cause I'll be going this route myself but at $50-$70/hp for a blower isn't exactly cheap compared with $20-$25/hp for a CAI or U/D Pulleys.

JBA Longtubes and a catted H-pipe can be found on ebay for around $1300 shipped which puts you at $55/hp without installation.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I agree Thump... my coment was in regards to the warranty and to get the most out...

Tunable Inductions CAI with 'custom' SCT tune from MD $575
Kooks Headers with X-Pipe $1295 - AFM discount

+50 RWHP ~80 HP for ~$1,800, it's a deal! Get the FRPP handling package at the same time and you're set! Your car is actually acting like a sports car! :drool:

http://www.modulardepot.com/index.php

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KJ, are you saying to get the CAI and headers and have it done by a certified shop so as not to void the warranty? Just these 2 alone will give me 50-80 additional HP? sorry I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Not those parts, you'd have to get FRPP parts. Or something else that is aproved by Ford, eg: Saleen, Rouch, sometimes Steeda. And the have it installed by an authorized shop.

That CAI and those headers are together with a tuner and good tune worth over 50 RWHP which equals to about 80 more at the engine, hence upping your motor from 300 to about 380. Not to mention the gains in drivability from the tune (no more throttle lagg, higher rev and TQ limits, etc...)

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
CAI, Long Tubes, High Flow Cats, 93 Octane Tune.. really worth 50RWHP???:eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Kyle F said:
CAI, Long Tubes, High Flow Cats, 93 Octane Tune.. really worth 50RWHP???:eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge:
I figure 65rwhp for my intake JBA Longtubes with catted H-pipe, Steeda U/D Pulleys, C&L Intake and Diablsport Predator C&L 93 Octane tune. Add a lighter flywheel, Dual Friction Clutch, Aluminum or Carbon Fiber Driveshaft, and a set of 4.10's and a low 12 second timeslip should be yours.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Yea, that sounds about right... hard to tell on my car since I have the P&P heads but there is about 25 in the CAI and a good 93 tune and another 20 in a catted LT system, 25-30 in a off-road system...

I have the alu driveshaft now and MAN is it sweet! Had no idea it was going to change the drivability / feel of the car so much! It revs even quicker than before and you can really 'feel' the car and how it runs, when to shift, etc. And no, not disturbingly so... I also added some more Powerhouse parts that might help in this new 'feel'... I was told the LCAs, UCA and TQ brace could transfer some vibrations but nothing disturbing! Quite the oposite!! :happyhapp

Happy Happy Happy !!! :laughlitt

Shortblock and blower soon! :drool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.