1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
87 Posts
if you're putting in lowering springs you should also be putting in performance lowering shocks, like tokico d-specs, vogtlands, etc, not an oe replacement quality like monroe. besides, even if you did stick with oe quality replacement, kyb gr-2s have way better reputation.
and if you're lowering, then you'll need to get a bumpsteer kit, steering rack stops, and caster/camber plates. The only real safe way to avoid all this expense is to get something like the eibach pro-kit springs, or a ford racing handling package.
sorry if i came off as condescending, i'm just repeating what i've been told.
Best of luck with things! :bigthumbsup

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
yeah, if you are upgrading, then upgrade, get Koni sports, Bilstein or some other really good brand...check Ebay for great prices on a matching kit of springs, shocks, struts...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put those Monroes on my 06 vert. Ride is much better which is what i was after. I'm not a racer or anything, just drive my vert on some crappy roads, much better ride.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I recently lowered my 2008 V6 Convertible. I used Roush Extreme springs. And KONI STR.T orange non adjustable shocks and struts. I did the job myself. I replaced the strut mounts and installed some camber adjusting bolts ($20). I lowered the car off the jacks and measured. Front was lowered 7/8 back 1 1/2. I had the car aligned and I drove for a week before remeasuring. Final measurments are 1" in front 2" in back. That's just where I wanted to be. I love the stance now. I have gone back to measure several times in the last few months and they are staying right where they were.
The KONI's give a nice firm ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts