Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered some parts today, one of them being a straight Monte Carlo bar. Any reason people order the curved one?
Other stuff I ordered just to get it over with:
UCA and LCA, roller perches, subframe connectors, shocks,
Unisteer power rack,
ABSpowerbrakes power front disc brake conversion kit.
Having a day off is not a good thing for me!
Andrew
68 conv mustang (my old high school car)

·
Registered
131 Posts
As far as I know the only reason for the curved Monte Carlo bar is to clear any kind of aftermarket air cleaner or intake system you may have installed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, the only part I really didn't do any research on. Have to get a hold of them in the morning before they ship.
Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm not sure that's enough of an issue to change your order over...but that's more of a personal preference thing.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
If I didn't use the curved bar on my car, I wouldn't be able to remove the distributor cap. I'm using a Mallory Comp 9000 dist. which is a bit larger than the stock one. If you go with the Ford OE large dist cap that comes on the newer 5.0 engines, you may have the same problem.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Certainly the straight one would be stronger, but like has been said already it is a clearance issue. On my tripower there would not be enough room between the first two carbs for it to fit between. I plan on getting one too. I have been told that a montecarlo bar with an export brace also makes a noticable improvement.

Harry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.