Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may not own my pony anymore, but I'm definitely keeping my eyes posted for juicy new tidbits for my next one!

2014 Ford Mustang: More rumors!

My 2012 Focus has Torque Vectoring and it gives the car an incredibly sporty feel. Now imagine if a REAL sports car had it!

Think of it this way: 2014 Mustang V6 w/ PP + Torque Vectoring + ~30 MPG City/Highway Combined (~300 HP EcoBoost) = I'll let you do the math! :bounce2:

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Sounds pretty awesome. Here's to Mustang evolution!
I don't know if I'd actually want a smaller Mustang that I already have though. It's pretty small already.
IRS, cool. Turbo's, cool. Mustang, cool!

J

·
0 Posts
Domestics and turbo's (other than disels) just haven't been a good combination for reliability in the past. I sure as heck wouldn't want to be a 1st MY owner of any ecoboost car.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I'm glad I pulled the trigger now. :cool:

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I actually hope this is just what it is: "A Rumor."

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Who gives a rats ass about this "global market" BS. The Mustang is an American Car. You need to please the market in the USA first. If the rest of the world doesn't like it, let em keep driving their Hugo's then. You don't see Chevrolet trying to globaly market the Vette do you? I'm glad I got mine when I did.

*no direspect to the Canadian's with the American thing, since they are actually in North America*

·
Registered
373 Posts
Here's a nother good link from the British Motoring press about the 2014 Stang:

New Ford Mustang set for world debut | News | Auto Express

Factory RHD for the first time but not the first time the car was sold for export - Google Ford T5.

Even though ford is having to export it to survive under the 'one-world' policy, there's also another reason they want it to go gobal - The fact the Aussies engineered the Camaro to be RHD and GM has come out and said that it's going on sale in europe next year when they finally roll out their interior upgrades. Ford soens't want to lose out on that.

I think it's kinda funny how the japanese super sedan fight - think STI, Evo, Skyline - has spilled into Europe and then on to our shores. And now we are seeing the American muscle car fight being spilled on to the shores of the rest of the world. Just shows that good cars prevail! =) And there are only three autos Americans can do better than anyone - Muscle Cars, Trucks and SUVs.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
well when gas is $12/gal in 2014 that 4 cylinder stang might look really good, just like it did the first time it appeared after the embargo....all you kids out there have no experience of history
BTW, the Mustang II was one of the best selling cars Ford ever built

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
if i was really concerned with mpg, i would not look at the mustang PERIOD. nope, not even the 30mph V6 because i could never get a mustang without a V8.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
what tha piss is torque vectoring.. and i like the solid rear axle, its already been proven to handle better than the camaro with IRS
Torque vectoring is widely used in AWD sports cars like the GTR, EVO, R8 as well as Honda's SH-AWD. It uses an electronic differential to vary torque to individual corners. It enables an AWD car to handle like a RWD car. I expect in the Mustang it would make oversteer much easier to handle and keep a higher level of grip in high speed corners without having to go to an extremely firm shock/spring setup. Of course going to this type of setup would mean that the solid rear axle would have to go.

I can tell you from my experience owning an EVO X that it's an amazing technology. Even though it's AWD I could rotate the car more than I can with the Mustang. The biggest plus to most would be the biggest negative to elite drivers in that it makes the car easier to handle and takes some skill out of driving the car fast. It's a plus to me as I'm just an amateur weekender and even those days are few and far between with my fatherly duties. Just a quick little explanation of the Mitsubishi system.
Active Yaw Control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
77 Posts
Gas isn't going to be $12/gal maybe 5 or 6 though. But really if that's your worry why buy a muscle car?

Same with the smaller car thing, it's small enough already. If it was any smaller I doubt I'd have bought mine.

Independent rear? Maybe but I like my live axle. I think that's kind of the thing with the Mustang though. A lot of people like it for what it's not as much as what it is.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Here's a nother good link from the British Motoring press about the 2014 Stang:

New Ford Mustang set for world debut | News | Auto Express

Factory RHD for the first time but not the first time the car was sold for export - Google Ford T5.

Even though ford is having to export it to survive under the 'one-world' policy, there's also another reason they want it to go gobal - The fact the Aussies engineered the Camaro to be RHD and GM has come out and said that it's going on sale in europe next year when they finally roll out their interior upgrades. Ford soens't want to lose out on that.

I think it's kinda funny how the japanese super sedan fight - think STI, Evo, Skyline - has spilled into Europe and then on to our shores. And now we are seeing the American muscle car fight being spilled on to the shores of the rest of the world. Just shows that good cars prevail! =) And there are only three autos Americans can do better than anyone - Muscle Cars, Trucks and SUVs.
Those pictures in the article make it look like the love child of a threesome between a Mustang, Camaro and an Aston.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Who gives a rats ass about this "global market" BS. The Mustang is an American Car. You need to please the market in the USA first. If the rest of the world doesn't like it, let em keep driving their Hugo's then. You don't see Chevrolet trying to globaly market the Vette do you? I'm glad I got mine when I did.

*no direspect to the Canadian's with the American thing, since they are actually in North America*
A couple of points.

One, the Mustang vs a Vette. Not a comparison. A Mustang is a commoner's car, a Vette is not. A Vette can already hang with foreign sports cars ie Porsche, BMWs, Audis etc. GM doesn't have to "market" it to foreign market, it markets itself; if you want one you can get one imported.

Two, it's all great that the Mustang is an "American car" but this isn't the good old days. Ford doesn't own 40% of the domestic market anymore (much less than 20% now) and Ford doesn't sell 500,000 - 600,000 Mustangs a year like it did in 1965. In case you missed it, the current Mustang is a stand-alone platform that's hard-pressed to sell 60-70,000 cars a year. That's why they pinch pennies with plastics here and there, MT82 trannies, etc.

Whether it's the cost of fuel, or the fact that sales of almost ALL 2-door coupes have tanked (seriously, how many people with kids buy a 2-door car now?), or whether it's too damn expensive now; the reality is that Ford is in the car business to make money and if they have to make it more appealing to other markets to make a profit, then that's what they'll have to do.

It's either that, or byebye Mustang.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Since Mazda is pulling out of the Auto Alliance plant where the 'Stang and Mazda 6 are made....it makes me wonder on the future of the Mustang. Ford will no longer run a orphan line that doesn't share a platform with other models.

Maybe a add a sporty V8 Lincoln 4-door platform shared on the Mustang's? I don't know...but with the small sale numbers of the Mustang (compared to other Ford models) I think big changes are coming.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great for Mustang Evolution !!!!! Bbuuuutttt

I'm glad mine will be from the last real Mustangs ....

I'm pretty sure it will be a great Sport car, but not sure it will still be a Muscle Car ....

J

·
0 Posts
I think a RWD Lincoln sport sedan and coupe to rival the CTS V would be a huge seller.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Since Mazda is pulling out of the Auto Alliance plant where the 'Stang and Mazda 6 are made....it makes me wonder on the future of the Mustang. Ford will no longer run a orphan line that doesn't share a platform with other models.

Maybe a add a sporty V8 Lincoln 4-door platform shared on the Mustang's? I don't know...but with the small sale numbers of the Mustang (compared to other Ford models) I think big changes are coming.
I think a RWD Lincoln sport sedan and coupe to rival the CTS V would be a huge seller.
100% agree. Lincoln needs a little excitement.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
how about some damn shift paddles, the 2011 taurus has this...yet the sports car mustang doesnt? who is doing the thinking on that :nono:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.