Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98 5.0 from an explorer, all stock except mustang ignition, dist, and stock mustang cam. (BTW, this is in a rockcrawler, so more concerned about torque than hi rev HP) are the explorer and mustangs the same specs when it comes to pistons, crank, rods, etc

1st question: 302
i have a rebuild kit for a non-roller, flat tops, bearings etc, even though my block is a 98 roller, will this kit work in my engine?

2nd question 351
my 351 block is older (C90e-6015-B casting) it is a non roller, with the lower deck height.
will all my explorer stuff, intake, heads (i know about bolt size) distributor, oil pump, work with the older 351 block?

i cant afford to make my old block into a roller, but do i really care about that?

was also thinking about buying a different crank, 351 rods and 302 pistons, for this older 351 block, inexpensive 393?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
basically i toasted my crank bearings in the 302, and need a new crank anyway, there is lots of **** floating around in that engine, so that means hot tank, new/install cam bearings, lifters, rings/pistons, i had a good knock too so maybe rods, its getting pricy

so im tring to figure out if this is when i go with my older 351, since it will need the same stuff

either way im buying a crank, so what engine do i spend my money on, and money is tight

I will still be using my GT40P heads, intake, exhaust

will my mustang dizzy work with that older 351?

·
Registered
604 Posts
If I were going for torque I would build the 351. I dont think your non roller kit is going to work in your roller block, I think your pistons, rings, rods and rod bearings will work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.