Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a fairly busy boy lately. I added 4.10's and what a difference these gears make. Much better response in all of the gears. I also had my OEM Bullet wheels powder coated black and added BRS chrome spinners with cobra center caps. I figured that this would be a cheap way to go until I finally deceide on new wheels. (the powder coating was $230, the spinners $150 and the center caps $50) Bob at BRS is a great guy to deal with and his spinners are really nice. I also added MRT hood struts which I had powder coated candy red. Although I like MRT's design, and they work well, the finish on the stainless steel parts were pretty crappy when I received them. I had to deburr the stainless steel parts and then you either need to paint, chrome or powder coat them. I also put on the Cervinis rear quarter panel scoops and these are a quality product and look good in my opinion. I also had the Xenon mirror covers installed. Although these are a pretty good product they make big mirrors look even bigger. I think I just might get some mirrors from a 69 Mach1 and see what they would look like. But next on order is Street Scenes new billet grille which relocates the fog lights closer together. I ordered the black powdered coated grille since my car is black. I'll post pictures of the new grille when I get it and the installation is complete. You can see pictures of my latest mods on my Car Domain web site. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/636098

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey Jerry

Not bad looks good so far. :cool:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi JerryII ! I see you have been up to a LOT of work! Looks nice but I prefer the red under the hood only. I would keep the outside/inside black everywhere without the accents in red. BUT that's what makes us all have our "own" ride in spite of the thousands of them out there! You are a busy boy with that car for sure! Good work.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
Hi JerryII ! I see you have been up to a LOT of work! Looks nice but I prefer the red under the hood only. I would keep the outside/inside black everywhere without the accents in red. BUT that's what makes us all have our "own" ride in spite of the thousands of them out there! You are a busy boy with that car for sure! Good work.
I have to agree here with the black/red, outside/inside comment. Don't flame me here...it's just my 2 cents worth; but the red console and such looks tacky. Kind of like you just spray painted it. Overall it's a nice car just too much red accents I believe. But, I'm from the school of "basic" beauty. :cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I agree that everyone has their own opinion and taste. But someone must like the red accents on the interior/exterior. I've won three trophies so far at hot rod shows for best in class. But again, each to his own.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like the looks of most of it jerry, well done.
The question I have is how much room is under the strut tower brace, between the plenum cover and the brace? I have that plenum cover as well and would like the Steeda Brace but I want to know it'll fit well before shelling out the $$.
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JM2005,

There's some room between the Steeda brace and the plenum cover but not much. But they seem to work fine with no problems so far.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanx jerry!

·
Registered
196 Posts
jerryII said:
Well I agree that everyone has their own opinion and taste. But someone must like the red accents on the interior/exterior. I've won three trophies so far at hot rod shows for best in class. But again, each to his own.
Jerrry I really like your engine dress up. Who makes the (tubing) silver/chrome stuff that covers all your hoses and electrical tape mess. That really looks nice. TIA Sandyman

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sandyman,

The stuff that covers all of my electrical wires is called wire loom and you can get it at any auto parts store in a multitude of colors. I get mine at Schucks. The chrome red wire loom I had to order on-line since it was one inch and Schucks only carried up to 3/4 inch. But unfortunately I con't remember who I ordered it from. I think I used "1" wire loom" for a search on google.

Jerry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts