Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K Got the speedo calibrated. Can anyone tell me about torque modulation? I thought the Predator Tune did something with the modulation but when I looked at it according to the the Predator the modulation was set on stock. Maybe I shouldn't mess with it? What can I mess with? Anyone out there have a car similar to mine and a Predator?

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I think the torque modulation has to do with how torque is applied during shifts.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The stock setting means the EEC will back off the timing to reduce torque during the shift. This is the factory setting so it does a granny-friendly shift. Set it to 100% and it means apply 100% of the torque during the shift. In other words, don't reduce it. This will give you the harder shifts and 2nd gear scratches.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
propellerhead said:
The stock setting means the EEC will back off the timing to reduce torque during the shift. This is the factory setting so it does a granny-friendly shift. Set it to 100% and it means apply 100% of the torque during the shift. In other words, don't reduce it. This will give you the harder shifts and 2nd gear scratches.
O.K. I left it at the stock setting because one increase put it from 0 to 50. Is that 50%? It's ok to increase it to 50%? Don't want to break something. I love my car but I need it even more.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
It should be fine at 50%. Guys put blowers behind these transmissions all the time and they survive the torque well. I don't think you're going to do anything harmful at 50%.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O.K. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.