Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just got into the classics and was just looking up ways to make my 65 mustang fastback more fuel efficient (yes, I understand there are priuses out there... but I'm sure you can understand why I would want a 65 fastback over a prius). I have a mallory ignition, and am now looking into a 5.0 EFI conversion. I wanted to know what set up would be the most fuel efficient? And, within the prospects of the EEC-IV computers, are there certain computers from certain cars that are most fuel efficient? Or, does that even matter? I'm sorry to bombard you guys with these beginner questions, but I LOVE THE CAR!!!!!!:worship
Thanks!

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
well I don't know about fuel efficiency, but the 94/95 are more tuneable than their predecessors so that may be a factor to consider.
It's my opinion that how fast you drive is the most important consideration in milage, esp with a V8.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
94/95 of the mustang? Can I put any random vehicle's EEC-IV in the system?
Yes, can use any EEC IV.

You have to know the basic INPUTS and OUTPUTS that go into the EEC, so best bet is to buy a donor car.
INPUTS= sensors
OUTPUTS=actuators,selenoids, etc.

Any EFI EEC is complex, there are several modules needed, so going EFI isnt cheap or easy, thats why i insist on buying a donor car.

OR..option #2 would be to buy an aftermarket EFI system (samples here), plus all the EFI accesories such as (but not limited too)= Intake, Throttle body, injectors, O2 sensors, MAF or BAP, etc,etc,etc.
Many aftermarket systems use GM stuff.

Here is one sample of a "BOLT ON" EFI system: http://www.efisupply.com/fast_ez_efi.htm

That last one will be the CHEAPEST of all conversions, and can be installed by anyone with medium skills

1 - 5 of 5 Posts