Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most gas you ever put in tank at refilling?

989 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  412horses 
#1 ·
Even with the fuel level run down as far as I dare (needle on E, and 7 miles to empty showing on trip computer), it takes less than 14 gallons to fill up before the pump cuts off. I guess there is a 2+ gallon "safety margin" before it's really empty. Has anyone put more than 14 gallons in during a refueling stop?

#2 ·
I put 15.5 gallons one time. I really thought I wasn't going to make it to the gas station. :D I think I even took a pic on my cell that showed how in red I was

#5 ·
I've put in 14 1/2 gallons a few times, I like torun it down to 0 miles and fill it up every so often just to make sure I know how many miles I can go beyond 0 if I really had to. I consistently have about 2 gallons left in the tank.

#6 ·
I have also put in 15.4 Gallons in, but I knew I was pretty damn close to empty. Left Maryland where I work on E, and because gas is cheaper in Virginia where I live I decided to push her to the limits. Don't think I'd do it again. my usual fill up is around 14.4 gallons.

#10 ·
For my first fill up the pump kicked off at just under 14 gallons when the computer was saying 23 miles to empty.

I don't usually like to run my cars down that low but I had a $1.20 per gallon discount to spend. :winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.