Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the most popular and less popular exterior and interior colors in your opinion?:scratchchin

·
Registered
653 Posts
Ford says black is the most popular color, followed by silver and red

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i like my g/f`s vista/black int, i dont care for red or/tan int.( mine) but as much as i dont like the red, i get tons more compliments than the vista gets :so

·
Registered
139 Posts
Black, red, and silver with dark charcoal interiors are the most common.
The 1 and 2 year color runs have the less common color combinations due to low production numbers, i.e. Grabber Orange, Legend Lime, Screaming Yellow, ect.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Up here, Edmonton Canada, Windveil Blue is quite popular. Black & Red also see alot of too. As for Interiors: Black most common.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
It's funny (to me anyway) that black exterior with a black interior is the most common.

In January of '05 when I was trying to buy I couldn't find one anywhere in San Diego county. Took me almost until the end of February to find one. :shigrin

·
Registered
186 Posts
I noticed many stangs that has dark interiors which is rather too hot for the deep south. It adsorbs more heat having dark interiors, u know yet odd enough, they apparently don't mind.

Though it has a certain advantage that it's hard to notice dirt or dust, I guess.

Also that Ford doesn't provide enough interior color options for the stangs that may contribute the reasoning, I noticed... think they should be bit more diverse, maybe?

But for far north it would makes sense due to the long winters taking advantage to adsorb the heat.

Mine is silver interior with little black around and silver buck leather seats, but it needs window tints which I'm underway getting it done soon so it helps reduce heat for sure.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
I grant, the cars with red interior make up fo rabout 10% of the entire production numbers, but I do love my black with red interior color combo.

S

·
0 Posts
I love my Chamois/Black interior. I get compliments on it all the time. :gringreen
I only wish the stitching was body-color instead of seat-color.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think there is a big difference between "most popular", and "most wanted", or "rare". People buy cars all the time that are not the color they intended to buy...

I researched Mustangs for over a year before making my purchase. I wanted "Dark Red" with a black racing stripe, and black cloth interior... I actually bought "Grabber Orange", with a black racing stripe, and black leather interior.

I liked the "Grabber Orange" color simply because it is a rare color -- based on the heads that turn everywhere I go, I would say it is NOT an UNpopular color. :shiny:

·
Registered
594 Posts
i like my g/f`s vista/black int, i dont care for red or/tan int.( mine) but as much as i dont like the red, i get tons more compliments than the vista gets :so
LOVE my Vista Blue With black interior check out my pics in my profile.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
... "Grabber Orange"....
-- based on the heads that turn everywhere I go, I would say it is NOT an UNpopular color. :shiny:
They're probably mistaking it for a cab.... :D

OP - most popular Mustang color I would guess is black. They are everywhere....

Personally I think Kona blue is the best looking....

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Nostalgia week on AllFordMustangs.com?

The production numbers by color are available somewhere here. That'll tell you which is most popular, assuming they actually do sell all the Mustangs they make.

I read that something like 80% of all cars sold in the US are either White, Black, or some shade of Gray (includes silver and other such metallics). I didn't believe it until I stood on a busy corner during noonday lunch rush and saw that it seemed to be pretty much borne out by what I saw.

PS: I meant to add that we have one of each in our household. Two grays, counting the MGB GT that hasn't moved from its place of repose in twenty years (in the back yard, waiting for restoration or a lightning strike. Guess which is more likely).

·
Registered
831 Posts
They're probably mistaking it for a cab.... :D

OP - most popular Mustang color I would guess is black. They are everywhere....

Personally I think Kona blue is the best looking....
Sheesh -- that wasn't nice...

(but it was funny!) :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
When I bought my 06, the only color I wanted was Red Fire with Parchment interior. It was very hard to find this color combination. I was only able to locate one in NC when I was ready to buy.

·
Registered
831 Posts
When I bought my 06, the only color I wanted was Red Fire with Parchment interior. It was very hard to find this color combination. I was only able to locate one in NC when I was ready to buy.
Yeah -- that's exactly what I'm trying to say... "Hard To Find" does not mean "Unpopular".

I think people are buying Black on Black, because that's what Ford makes the most of -- it's what's available, so that's what people buy.

As Ford wrote in his autobiography, "Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black". :heha:

·
Registered
671 Posts
It seems to me that Grabber Orange and Vista Blue are probably the 2 most uncommon colors...which works for me, I love my Vista Blue with Black/Dove Gray interior:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I know there's only about 14k Legend Lime Mustangs out there. Color only ran in 05 and 06. :thumbup:

"Ready to do nothing at a moments notice."

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
When I bought my car from the original owner it just happened to be alloy with dark ebony interior with dove accents. I have only seen one other alloy vert in Edmonton and it was a base v6. I have since learned it too was a rare production colour for two years.I love it.It gets a lot of compliments and looks and I know they aren't mistaking me for a taxi. No offence I love Grabber orange. There is a alloy Gt500 vert for sale near me and apparently only 100 and some were made of those during one year.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts