Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wavey Hey everyone, the new guy here with a broad question. I have a 1993 LX 5.0 notchback w/ only 24,000 miles on it. Everythings original other than the cat-back Mac exhaust, K&N air filter, and ford racing springs. I'm looking to get more power out of it but before I blow all my money I want to make sure I get the most for my money. Basicly i need suggestions on what to buy and what not to buy, I'm sure you can each think of a few things!:laughlitt If you think you can help me out REPLY or E-MAIL ME! [email protected]

--5.0notch93 Photo coming soon :thumbsup

·
Registered
123 Posts
not sure if its obvious enough, but theres sticky topic at the top that says, Begginers Guide to Modding your 5.0 or something like that, thats a good place to start, theres alotta good info on there, i believe best bang for the buck is good aluminum heads, most power per dollar but check that thread out

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
#1 mod - 3:73-4:10 gears (~$500 installed)
#2 mod - subframe connectors (~$90 + install welding ~$100)
#3 mod - ported lower intake (~$150 with shipping) or Gt40/Cobra/Explorer/Performer (~$275-300 with shipping used) (Ported lower is best for stock E7 heads)

less than $1,000 and you will be very happy with the results.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
depending on what load rate your springs are, maybe some stiffer struts / shocks. if you have the ford racing "C" springs, at 650lbs up front, definately invest in something a bit stiffer. the tokico HP Blues work well.

also, just a rule of thumb i guess, get at least a 100 amp alternator in there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tyvm Vinchenzo51, tmoss, and systronic for the fast replys; your help is appreciated and if you would like to, keep the suggestions coming!:worship

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Maybe some headers and a freer flowing H-pipe (with or without cats)...

·
Registered
36 Posts
i would go for 373 gears or new heads.

·
Registered
861 Posts
The gears will certainly help give you that muscle feel.

BUT..

Get that real power feel. Save your money, then completely upgrade the front end. Intake, Heads, Headers, Cam, Injectors, MAF... everything. Get more fuel and air INTO the block so you can get more Horse OUT OF the block.

I think there's a power package that a Mustang Performance Parts company sells... Not sure where I saw it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Young_Buck said:
The gears will certainly help give you that muscle feel.

BUT..

Get that real power feel. Save your money, then completely upgrade the front end. Intake, Heads, Headers, Cam, Injectors, MAF... everything. Get more fuel and air INTO the block so you can get more Horse OUT OF the block.

I agree!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Skip to a Supercharger Novi 1000 $1700 and build backwards. This is the easiest 80hp and add to it over time.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Heads - $1,000-1,300
Cam - $150-325
Headers - $200-$350
Intake - $300-600
Injectors - $200-400
MAF - $200-?
Fuel pump - $200
Gaskets, tools, etc, etc, etc

Better plan on at least $3,000

·
Registered
897 Posts
bottom line;not power but get up and go= GEAR RATIO!! AFTER THAT go with heads,intake, cam,headers,tb etc. and that = power!!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
love them 373s especially if you have a five speed!! my mods are in my sig and my car is very fun to drive and hold its own against alot of cars out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.