Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read almost every article about mustang turn signals not working but have seen nothing about my particular situation. Here is what I have going on in hopes that someone else has experienced this and hopefully will share information with me.
I have a 1995 mustang GT convertible that has been in storage for about six months, I charged and connected the battery about a week ago. Did a little maintenance on it and left it park in the garage. So out of the blue the right turn signal light started flashing! So I can hear the flasher by the fuse panel clicking and the theft control in the trunk buzzing. Weird stuff so I removed both of them and was going to replace them. As you all know the control box is unavailable so I replaced the flasher and out of desperation reinstalled the theft box which to my surprise seems to be fine now. However the flasher is still getting power to the right front turn signal light.
has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2,086 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

Reactions: 90lxwhite

·
Registered
55 Posts
All turn signal and flasher functions go thru multi function switch. You didn't say if turn signals work. Would pull steering column cover and check all connectors.

·
Registered
1991 Ford Mustang LX
2,218 Posts
If the driver/pass front & driver rear bulbs flash & shut off correctly,I would definitely check the multifunction switch,since each turn signal bulb is on its own circuit in the switch and along the wiring,like the diagram below.The Orange/ Lt Blue wire is the wire that runs from the multifunction switch to the passenger rear bulb.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts