Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 04 gt sohc needin some help its like its flooding or something when you floor it like a vaccum leak but you can ease the rpms up an it wontdo nothing till gets about 4k the starts cutting out spurttirn or at a idle you can floor it real quick an let off an it just spurtters ancuts out..i changed the intake maniflod gasket thinkin it could be blowed but still didnt fix it..any advice? im thinkn its in the fuel sytem?

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Next time PLEASE break that up into sentences, it gives a headache written like that. I would start by looking at the spark plugs and air filter, sounds like the plugs or some other ignition problem, or possibly a bad fuel filter.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
Well flooding is not relevant to a fuel injected engine, can you be a bit more specific on the problem, this sounds like it could be the tranny, computer, throttle body or just about anything else on the car, sans the cup holder

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how could it involve the trans???? an i said it sounds like flooding not that it is just tryin to give an example....at an idle you can punch the gas an it sounds like it floodin(just an example on what it sounds like) it spits an sputters when u just floor like it just boggin out idk what else to say thats what its doin?..not dirty air filter it has brand new k&n system on it the guy i got it from ran a super charger on it for about 2 months throttle body is clean its like it looses power/gas after gets up in the rpms ..could it be gettin to much fuel?im checkin the fuel pressure an plugs an fuel filter in the mornin.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Almost sounds to me like it's starving for fuel. I would start with a fuel filter and then check the fuel pressure at the rails.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k how do you check the fuel pressure on these models this is the first sohc 4-6 ive had really...used to he simple foxes lol see i can just easse on the gas an the rpms will go to red line if i wanted em to without cutting out or anything but if i mash the gash a lil hard then it acts up like that? i checked the plugs just a sec go an they have a big gap in em like they aint een changed in forever so im gona change em an go from there

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yea i can hook up a code reader thing to it an no error codes come up???? but the check engine light isnt on either but does work
?..

·
Registered
80 Posts
You just put the K&N intake on it. Was it doing this before installing the K&N intake? Could be any of a number of things.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd start with the 10 dollar fuel filter. that definatly sounds like a clogged filter. you say flooding, but I have a good feeling that its actually starving. very very easy fix, but you'll need a fuel filter removal tool. ask the goober at autozone selling you the filter and he'llpoint you in the right direction... but you cant get the filter off without effin it up with out this tool.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Mass air

Did you have the MAF unplugged when installing the K&N kit???

If so try taking the neg side of battery off for about 30 mins, then when you put it back on let the car idle without touching anything, at least let it idle 15 mins.

Worth a try, I had a problem sounding just like that, just needed the computer to reset. Would have not found that problem if it wasnt for the guys here on this site.:shiny:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.